Getting the Lil Guy a Typhoon 125

NRath

#21 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (GDITheman @ Apr 19 2007, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got the Baja 125 (Xtreme re-stickered) from Costco last night and put most of it together. Not a bad Chinese quad. Much better welds (still suck) than any other chinese quad ive seen. i got the updates from Xtreme (subframe, steering collar and frame brace). Put the new subframe on this morning and it is an improvement, but the welds looks like bubble gum. All in all, pretty sweet. still have a lot of adjustments and tightening and relocating, etc to do, but will have it ready for the weekend. For $1300 from Costco (delivered plus tax) it is really a sweet deal.

Questions, questions...
1. What's different about the "updated" subframe?
2. How much were the 3 updated parts?
3. "Delievered plus tax"? Did you pick it up or ship to the house?
4. Do you know if Costco carries the 70 or 90?
5. Did you tell Extreme you bought it from Costco?

GDITheman

#22 Post by GDITheman »

1) the subframe has additional supports for fender brackets and the main tubes on the subframe.

2) retail would be about $150 shipped. I got everything wholesale for $80 shipped. I can give more details if you want part numbers and such.

3) Costco still charged sales tax even though it was delivered. I think it's because they have warehouses in MI.

4) Costco only has red 125's. The 70's and 90's are dogs and the 125 has a throttle limiting screw.

5) No, but Xtreme has GREAT customer service and I will get all parts I need from them. I almost felt bad for buying the Costco Baja, then I looked at how much I saved. Xtreme is definitely putting their best foot forward and I will do my best to support them. They have a real warranty just like Honda or Yamaha which almost made it worth buying the Typhoon. The Baja's warranty is about worthless.