Getting the Lil Guy a Typhoon 125

GDITheman

#11 Post by GDITheman »

OK, it's official, until the wife changes her mind again, we are getting the cheaper Costco Baja and a mint 2000 Blaster. This way the wife can ride the Blaster until my son is big enough to use the controls and he gets an upgrade and learns to shift.

thedeatons

#12 Post by thedeatons »

Oh man.... why not a remapped dale for her??? Why the blaster?

GDITheman

#13 Post by GDITheman »

She's very petite and the weight of the Dale might be hassel on tight trails and trying to get turned around. Plus, the lil dude will move right into the Blaster when he gets the hang of it. Then she will have ridden more and will know what she wants then.

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

Excellent strategy!

GDITheman

#15 Post by GDITheman »

The whole consumer safety BS with being 16 to ride somehting bigger than a 90 is **** bullshit. Because of this, the manufacturers do not build anything for the in between ages like 9-13. There is a huge gap in quads from the 90cc to the 200's or 250's. Complete bullshit and puts parents in a bind when trying to buy the CORRECT size quad for their kids.

thedeatons

#16 Post by thedeatons »

Yah..... maybe a Cobra 90... From what I hear they keep up with 450s on the track, which is astounding!

GDITheman

#17 Post by GDITheman »

Picked up the Blaster tonight. Sweet deal. Had the lil dude working on riding and shifting.

The Typhoon should show up by Tuesday.

dalewannbe

#18 Post by dalewannbe »

Great news, my son has the kasea 50 and its been great.......but I think he's getting ready for something a little bigger.

Hey thedeatons, where you finding the DRR for $2000?

thedeatons

#19 Post by thedeatons »

Extreme Mini Quads in Tacoma, WA. Talk to Les. He receives the containers straight from the manufacturer, no middle man. I think they may be 2200 now, because they went to a bigger carb, intake and reed cage.... still a great deal. It pulls paddles great!

GDITheman

#20 Post by GDITheman »

Just got the Baja 125 (Xtreme re-stickered) from Costco last night and put most of it together. Not a bad Chinese quad. Much better welds (still suck) than any other chinese quad ive seen. i got the updates from Xtreme (subframe, steering collar and frame brace). Put the new subframe on this morning and it is an improvement, but the welds looks like bubble gum. All in all, pretty sweet. still have a lot of adjustments and tightening and relocating, etc to do, but will have it ready for the weekend. For $1300 from Costco (delivered plus tax) it is really a sweet deal.

We sold my sons old gear on ebay this week and his new gear came in, so he is ALL decked out now. I hope he rides as good as he looks or at least has a lot of fun trying.