My girls on their ATVs...

thedeatons

#11 Post by thedeatons »

No problem so far... The header leaks a bit of oil, the spark plug came loose the other day, no big deal though... It jumps awesome, I love riding it actually.... very capable in the sand too, she can go on big kid rides with us..... I did the kevlar belt, and upgraded springs in the CVt, whic seemed to help. I would do it all over again.

thedeatons

#12 Post by thedeatons »

Well, I did it all over again... Cory (#13ATK) had a deal I couldn't pass on, which is why our Suzuki ALT50 3 wheeler is now for sale. The trike was replaced with this 2006 DRR DRX50. It is just like the DRX2 70 I pictured above except for these few things:

Narrower axle/a-arms
Air cooled 50cc engine
Single a-arms
Front drum brakes

Everything else is pretty much the same. Now shown with the new black plastics, new butterfly graphics from BRM Offroad, new handlebar mounted tether, and new pink ODI MTB grips... Cory, thanks again, my 4 year old loves it!!!

thedeatons

#13 Post by thedeatons »

Action shots....

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

Mid ride vision problems.....

thedeatons

#15 Post by thedeatons »

Thanks again Cory, this and a pack of Polly Pocket dolls are pretty much her Christmas!! smile.gif

NRath

#16 Post by NRath »

Looks like your girls were set up for a good time! That's pretty sweet you got hooked up with another black DRR. I've got to guess you must've picked up a job somewhere! Hope so, anyway!

And how'd you hook up with a new set of black??!!!! I waited on DRR for about 3 mos for plastic and ended up having to get orange.

thedeatons

#17 Post by thedeatons »

No job yet, we are selling things to get by (notice all the Dale parts I have been selling). I convinced the wife that we "needed" this good buy for Xmas, so I was granted approval. I got the black plastics from Gary Fallon in Florida. I sold off the plastic that came with the deal to get the black set.

P.S. Gary will hook you up with a black set pretty cheap... Call him up.

NRath

#18 Post by NRath »

Gary is who I bought the quad from. He was the one checking on plastic for me for about 6 mos. I guess the container must've finally come in! About 2 mos ago, he told me he was still waiting. I called DRR to give em he!! and they didn't know when more black (or any color) would be in. They did tell me they had one set of orange left. So, I called Gary to order it for me, which he did. Plastic prices are crazy cheap. He had quoted me 135 about 8 mos ago when I first called him looking. He held that price. He's a great guy to deal with- very friendly. And he gave us a great price on the new quad, too.

Side note- my son hit another kids grab bar with the front of the DRR. It broke the front of the plastic into about 20 pieces. That was pretty surprising. I've got to get it in the garage and get the plastic swapped and the oil injection off.

thedeatons

#19 Post by thedeatons »

Yeah that sucks about the break. I blocked the injection on the 70, and the 50 already has it in place. Make sure you get a good block off plate, they are on Ebay. I run Red Line 2 stroke oil and have never had a problem.

I did notice this new 50 takes a LONG time to get up to revs, so I think a different variator spring is in order. I believe it already has 4 gram weights installed, because throttle response is immediate.

#13atk

#20 Post by #13atk »

Glad it is working out for you. Looks like a whole new quad nice work....Cory