New to the board

Craig Johnson

New to the board

#1 Post by Craig Johnson »

Well, I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Craig Johnson and I'm the parts manger for AlphaSports. My son and I ride as much as we can. We also work onhis quad as much as we can. He rides our company's "Test quad". That means all the performance goodies go to us first for testing. His quad started out as a 50cc. Then it was 90cc and now, as you can see below, we performed a few modifications: plus 2" a-arms, plus 2" swing arm, performance shocks, Douglas wheels front and rear, Maxxis tires, 110cc big bore kit, Malossi intake and carb, Uni filter, mild clutch work, AlphaSports 6061 aluminum handlebars, weight reduction (no starter/no battery), FMF pipe and shaved plastic. Whew, that was a mouthful. Here's a picture of my son riding this weekend at our local track. He's the one in the air. I love riding with him and I'm very thankful of the time we spend together. He wants his to be as fast as mine (03 Cannibal with Speed mapping). I hope it doesn't get that fast. Keep'em safe and ride hard.

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

Welcome aboard!! I have been around the Alpha's a little, seem to be nice bikes. We had them at the dealership I worked at, now I'm on my own and to close to them.
FMF pipe?? Didn't realize they made a pipe for these bikes, wonder what all models it will work on?

Craig Johnson

#3 Post by Craig Johnson »

I got one of the first ones for testing. I have two more on the way. We have been building our pipes by hand for years. Building a pipe takes about 14 hours to get it right. I will say that this FMF pipe is not a full race pipe. It is better than stock, but not as good as it needs to be. I know it fits the AlphaSports Cobra 90 (no mod), Kolt 90(no mod), LG 90 (Footwells need to be moved back 1/2"), Polaris Sportsman 90(no mod), Predator 90( no mod)(Cause they're made in the same plant), Extreme 90cc (Footwells need to be moved back 1/2")(Cause they used to be made by AlphaSports). I am going to see what other atv's this pipe will fit on. I have to call back to FMF next week for a report. I was really happy that someone,FMF, tried to take interest in the min quad market
From looking at the Kasea's, it appears to bolt right up, but I haven't tried it YET.

pdavis

#4 Post by pdavis »

welcome to the site Craig, my son is 9 and rides a kx65 and is after me to get him a quad, there are a ton more small quads out there than i originally thought, i dont know if he is going to stick with bikes long term and just wants a quad to play on or what, but o told him that if you get a quad say goodbye the the bike, cant afford for you to ride/race both, he seems pretty set that he wants a quad, so.... i have been looking around, trying to see what mods you can do to the different brands and so on...
anyway, welcome to the site and hope to see more pictures posted :wow

Craig Johnson

#5 Post by Craig Johnson »

I've been working on affordable modifications for about 4 months now. My goal at AlphaSports is to open up the performance side of the parts business. I want us to be able to provide good parts at a reasonable price. That's the purpose of us testing different parts, setups and products. The good thing is a lot of the quads will be able to interchange parts. The basic designs are the same for the most part. The engines are almost all copied from the Jog engine, so engine parts are easy. Going riding today, I'll post some pics when we get back. Thanks for making me feel welcome guys. If there's anything ya'll need let me know.