SRMA winter series report.

MXMIKE

SRMA winter series report.

#1 Post by MXMIKE »

We missed the 1st race and the second one was rained out.

Round 3:Fernwood,MS (DOUBLE POINTS)

Mini quad class
There were 3 90's and 3 50's

1st moto Mike pulled 3rd place hole shot on his 50. Two 90's in front him pulled away from him little by little every lap. Mike pulled a lead over 4th place little by little every lap and ended up in 3rd.

2nd moto he got an awsome jump of the gate and was in 2nd thru the 1st turn. Him and the 90 that took 2nd the 1st moto bumped and grinded alittle and he finaly got around Mike.
Mike finished 3rd again.

This was a double points race and it put mike in 4th place for the point standings 4 points behind 3rd. He beat the guy in 3rd in the points last week so he has a good chance to move into 3rd place this weekend. :cool:

This was his first race on a full size MX track. He got his quad when he turned 3 and we keept him on mini mx tracks and AX races. We promised him when he turned 4 he could ride the big tracks. So he got his chance and shined. He was getting more air than all the mini quads and some of the full size amature class,lol.
He corners like hes on a rail.The spectators were amased how well he did for a 4 yr old. He beet kids twice his age and suprised a few 90 racers.

Im just so proud of my boy I wanted to tell the story. I just dont have the writing skills of Laper or Ryan though.

Cant wait till this weekend. biggrin.gif

pdavis

#2 Post by pdavis »

if he has that 50 hanging with 90's, he is riding out, good job mxmike jr

Ryanstones

Love a race report!

#3 Post by Ryanstones »

Thanks Mike, nice work! Add pictures, they're worth a 1000 words (and an extra post).

MiniMike: :clap: :clap: :clap:

EuroGOD

#4 Post by EuroGOD »

:clap: :clap: That deserves a rider of the month vote...:deal: :head:

MXMIKE

#5 Post by MXMIKE »

I wish we did get some pics, I was to nervice to take any this time,lol. I will try to this time for shure. We got a few good 35mm pics of the last race (thanks to the wife) but no digital. I was suposed to take them and had the cam but.......I was to bussy watching him :duel: :ride:

MXMIKE

Round 4

#6 Post by MXMIKE »

Gonzalis,La

Somemore exciting racing.

There were 5 90's and 3 50's

1st moto the gate droped and Mike was still sitting there...GOOOOO...I yelled and he took of dead last:confused:
The top 3 90's were checking out and there was a pack of 5 playing follow the leader. Mike was in last and looked like he was just cruzzing around in last place not trying to pass or nothing.
Finally he woke up in the last half of the white flag lap like he was sleeping and someone lit the bed on fire. He mad pas after pass and made it up to the 4th position. smile.gif

The second moto I made shure he was paying attention to the gate. It fell and he nailed the gas. He came up to the 1st turn in about 5th and dove thru the inside to get through the corner in 3rd. He and the 90 that took 3rd in the 1st moto was battling for 3rd for just about the whole 1st lap.Finaly the 90 got around him and he had a big lead on the 5th,6th,7th,and 8th place riders and got to comfortable and fell off the pace. 5th and 6th caught him by suprise and they battled for the last 2 laps. the 5th place rider move passed him and made a stumble right in front him he went to go around him and hit a mud hole:eek: letting another rider by. He got going again and caught the two riders that passed him but never had any more time left. He crossed the checkers in 6th.

He got 5th overall and is still 4th place in points. :deal: He was defantly having an off day but still hung in there. smile.gif

thunderwolf

#7 Post by thunderwolf »

Go jr!:clap:

4punksdad

#8 Post by 4punksdad »

these race reports are good reading.............please continue to post updates.

MXMIKE

#9 Post by MXMIKE »

I will:D I think the wife got 1 pic of the last race. I had the camra this time and still never got any pics:cry: I get to caught up in the race.lol

MXMIKE

#10 Post by MXMIKE »

Here is a pic of mikey :duel: with a honda 90.........

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto....698&image_id=62

I will see if she got any more in our cam when I get home.