SRMA report Rd 2 Make up race

MXMIKE

SRMA report Rd 2 Make up race

#1 Post by MXMIKE »

This race was called a few weekes ago for rain so it was held yesterday.

Hammond, La.

It was a smaller class with 4 90's and 2 50's. One of the older 50 riders moved up to a 90this race.

I spent friday from about 7pm till 1am going through his bike so it would be perfect but.........I over looked one thing:( maybe two:mad:

The 1st lap of practice his bike killed as soon as he got out there. His pre mix oil jelled in the fuel filter. I shook it up for ever and got it to go in time for 2 laps to practice.

In the 1st moto he came off the line in 5th behind the 90's. The 1st and 2nd place 90's were bataling back and forth and pulled a good lead on 3rd and 4th. They had there own battle going slowly pulling away from Mike. He got more comfortable with the track after about the 3rd lap and the 3rd and 4th place rider stayed the same distance in front him not pulling on him any more. He finished in 5th.

In the 2nd moto he come of the line way better batling with a 90 in the 1st turn for 4th position. The 90 edged him out and mike was putting good heat on him for about 3/4 of the 1st lap and his chane came off :furious: .It was jammed in between the sproket and the sub frame and I fought it for 2 laps before I got it on. He made it out there to complete the last lap in last.

He was not upset at all he new he road well but dad didnt take it to well:drink: I felt like I let him down.

I was not all bad though he earned some more points for finishing and the boy that was running 3rd in points had trouble too and didnt get to race so know Mike is 3rd in points. Its going to be a tight points race now from 3rd to 6th.Only about 16 points between 3rd/6th. 1st and 2nd checked out in the points.

There are 2 rounds left. One in Kentwood,La. and one in Breaux Bridge,La. Both national mx style tracks. They have a few off weekends between them. Im gona bring him as many times as I can to get lots of seet time and used to them. That has been tuff for him to learn all these different tracks one weekend after another. By the time he got them down pack the races were over.

I got a couple pics....

MXMIKE

#2 Post by MXMIKE »

MXMIKE

#3 Post by MXMIKE »

Ryanstones

great story Mike!

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

and way to go JR!

smile.gif

MXMIKE

#5 Post by MXMIKE »

biggrin.gif I couldnt get all of them in the pic

MXMIKE

#6 Post by MXMIKE »

Thanks Ryan

I going to try and work with the camera some more at the next races. Im starting to get more comfortable with him out there.

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

Way to go!! :clap:
It's good to teach them early about being a good sport, taking the good with the bad.
Keep us all posted with his future results. And it's time for you to get back on the track. :usa

MXMIKE

#8 Post by MXMIKE »

Doug you should be hearing from me soon. Uncle Sam should have me my $$$$$$$ any day now. :deal: