yz80 engine in a blaster????

dvrack

yz80 engine in a blaster????

#1 Post by dvrack »

biggrin.gif My 17 yrold daughters blaster is in need of a new shift shaft and other tranny stuff, I was thinking of putting a water cooled yz or rm 80 engine in it for my 9yrold daughter so she wont get left behind at the dunes. She rides a taiwan import with a little engine work and a pipe but at the dunes it can't get up anything too tall which pisses her off does anybody know of anyone that has done this type of conversion? Don't worry the 17 yrold has my old quad to ride.
Any links would be helpful.
Thanks Dave

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

at the national mx tracks you see a lot of blasters with 80cc dirtbike engines in them.must be a fairly easy conversion.get a hold of hetrick racing he should be able to give you a few pointers in the right direction he deals alot with mini quads and mini modifieds

TheJaspMan

#3 Post by TheJaspMan »

I saw a Blaster a while back with the same combo you are talking about. But I do not know the folks with it. If you check on atvsource.com they have lots of Blaster people. More than anything else I think.

I am currently working on a project like that. My wife rides a 300 Lakota for the auto clutch. She races MX and I need to get her onto something lighter, with better mods. I have thrown around the idea of putting that engine and trans into a 400ex frame. I am still working on the measurments and geometry aspects though.

I have a local welder with some experience in that kind of thing. He does some welding for Yokely and Badger racing and rides himself so he has done a lot of work on bikes and quads. He feels confident we could get the aligment true.