update on mxmike jr

MXMIKE

update on mxmike jr

#1 Post by MXMIKE »

Sorry I havent posted his last few races. Been very busy latley.

Last weekend we raced the last race of the Cycle City Promotions Arena Cross series. Again he was the only 50 there. It was a very exciting race. He took 3rd place hole shot(Dont ask how he is beeting 90's off the gate, I have not figured that one out yet) He passed a 90 for second place and went back and forth with another 90 rider battling to keep 2nd place. They put on a heck of a show for the crowd. He was in second place and in the last lap he made a goof in the rythem section letting the 90 that he was bataling by. He came in 3rd.
By taking 3rd place he managed to get 2nd place overall for the Cycle City Promotions winter ax series. I am shocked he placed so high in the open 0-100 cc mini quad class riding a 50 and only 4yrs old.

This weekend is going to be his last race for the Souther Region Motocross Association(SRMA)winter series held in Breaux Bridge,Louisana. The last 2 I did not give a report but let me tell ya they were action pacted!!! Mikey still never took home the top spot in any of these races but he is making his presence well known. He has been the only 50 at the last few races with this series also. Right now he is 3 point ahead of 4th place point holder out of about 14 90cc racers. I plan to take alot of pics and give a full report on this one.

Now for the good part. After this weekend there is not another series starting around here to August. I will finaly have time to get my dale back in action. :cool:

MXMIKE

#2 Post by MXMIKE »

Race report!

We had our hands full Saturday at Gravity Alley mx. We showed up with are 50 only to see nine 90's and no other 50's. The track was realy smooth and very wide open. The 1st moto the gate droped and Mikey had a very good reaction time but after 1/4 down the holeshot straighaway the 90's blew by him:mad: So now we in last. He kept the hammer down and made his way around one of the 90's in the 2nd turn. He kept charging hard andand made his way to 6th. Man him in the 5th place rider were swaping positions till half way of the last lap Mikey made a move that stuck. And pulled off a 5th:)

The second moto went very much the same. Jr. had to play catch up:mad: He road his tail off to the point I was praying his bike would not BLOW. He carged throug and had an awsom battle going on for the 5th position. He mad the pass to stick again a few turns before the checkers.The bike barley held on and is now in desperat need of a new top end.After he crosed the checkers and started to the pits it died and has very little compreshion left. He flat wore out his 50 and I cannot believe how hard he was pushing it.He had that thing reving to the MOON:head:He was coming into the corners so fast that I could barley believe it.

I am so very proud of litte Jr. He has been out powerd,out sized and aged at every single one of these events. He never did get discouraged and just road his hardes every time and was very happy with his self after every event. All his hard work got him 4th place points for the 2004 SRMA winter series in the 0-90cc open mini quad class:cheers:

MXMIKE

#3 Post by MXMIKE »

O yea, Dady got him a ported aluminum 68cc kit and a 20mm carb on the way. That should get him off the line a wee bit better:whip:

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

Congrats to both Jr. and Dad! :head:

Sounds like Mikey might ride faster than me :eek:

Awesome race reports, keep em coming biggrin.gif

Ryanstones

Good work Mike!

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

Now let's get that cannon of your's going again!:clap:

MXMIKE

#6 Post by MXMIKE »

Thanks guys, Here is a few pics that were taking by the people at the track.[img]http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=DebbieFontenot&gallery_id=55215&image_id=86[/img]

MXMIKE

#7 Post by MXMIKE »

another...

[img]http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=DebbieFontenot&gallery_id=55215&image_id=91[/img]

MXMIKE

#8 Post by MXMIKE »

I think the wife got a few too.......Gona check and see when I get home:ride:

MXMIKE

more pics

#9 Post by MXMIKE »

a few of the riders

MXMIKE

#10 Post by MXMIKE »