Went to race with the GMQA...Dinli was there!

MXMIKE

Went to race with the GMQA...Dinli was there!

#1 Post by MXMIKE »

We brought Mikey to High Falls SX to race with the Georgia Mini Quad association.An 8 hr one way trip. They were a great group of people and have built an awsome group of mini quad familys. The track was the most diffacult track he has ever been on. I dont think I have ever been to a track with so many doubles and turnes in it. They had some ruff woops leading to a BIG step up to a BIG ski SLOP jump that sends you over a double at the bottom leading to more step ups,step downs,more doubles,triples in other words very long and busy. No were to lay the power down. It was all about the riders.

Dinli was the Big sponser for the series. They gave a ton of givaways after the race. They also put up 2 mini quads to be givin away at the end of the series. Justin Hail was there helping racers and working with one of there mini race teams. I see a great future for them in mini quads coming very soon. They are defantly aiming there minis for the mini production stock class. I only looked into there new full size 50 and it seems like its going to be sweet.The new 21mm carb will defantly be a big advantage in the Nationals compaired to most come with 18mm carbs. He is defantly doing some on hand R&D! We talked brefly about the new Dales and he said they are still shooting for the end of the year and the moter will be a way better design. It is being disigned by the origanal dale moter designer. Probly all old news but thought Id share it.

Mikey raced in the 4-8 50 to 70 cc class. Mikey was still the only 4yr old.There were 8 riders. In the 1st moto he was sharing a gate with another rider and the other rider hit the gate so Mikey got hung up. He came from last and made his way to 3rd.He was closing on 1st (Last years champion) and 2nd (National 50cc top 5 racer) but ran out of time.

The 2nd moto he lined up away from everybody on the other side the gate.He nailed a perfect hole shot with the 1st and 2nd place rider from the 1st moto right behind him.
The rider that finished 1st passed him thru some woops for the win. He ran close behind him to take 2nd place.Behind him was the rider that finished 2nd in the 1st moto.
Over all with his 3-2 finish he got 2nd place trophy

He defantly suprised us. He was doing things out there that I thought would take him years to learn. I can not put in words how HAPPY he, mom and dad was after the race.

My baby is finly coming together.Hopfully next report I give will have a race report about Dad
:eek:

Ryanstones

Congrats 2Mikes!

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

Awesome to hear he is doing so well and that you'll be rolling again soon!

With what Dinli is learning from their race support in the mini's, maybe they'll surprise us all with what they do to with the Cdl.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

This is really great to hear!I cant think of a better way to learn racing than the mini classes.Give your kid my congrats on the racing.

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

I'm happy to hear that Dinli is jumping in and getting involved in the race scene. A great way to learn the ins and outs and then be ready for a national race team for the big boys for the 2005 or 2006 season. Maybe some of us can apply :deal: OK maybe some of you fast guys but not me :drink:

Congrats x5 to lil Mike! I need to meet that lil guy I bet he could teach me something! He is ready to beat Timmy Farr in about 15 more years!