Need help!!!

Craig Johnson

Need help!!!

#1 Post by Craig Johnson »

OK. It seems everytime the quad runs top end the cooling fan comes apart. This is the second time and second fan. It's not hitting anything. When I say comes apart it looks like it explodes. This time it took the fan cover with it. I think it's from the 13,000 + rpm's. Does anyone know of an aftermarket fan that will hold up to that many R's? Or do you think it's another problem? By the way we lined up the 90 and two Dale's and we were side by side until the end of 3rd gear on the Dale's. Tht's when the fan exploded. Any help? Any ideas?

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

there are alot of modded etons and alpha's and the like around here in the mini quad classes and most of them i have seen have removed the fan altogether and customized the covers.not sure if it is good or bad but when i was looking for a quad for my daughter one i looked at was moddded like this so now when i see them at the track i always seem to notice.these guys only run like ten minute motos though but just thought i would post wehat i have seen.rich will know best.

Craig Johnson

#3 Post by Craig Johnson »

Put a new fan and cover on the mini last night. We hurt the engine this weekend. Blew it up. I'll rebuild it again this week. I guess it got too hot after the fan blew apart. I'm going to the small sprocket to try to keep the R's down. Maybe the fan will hold up. I haven't found a better fan yet.

Craig Johnson

#4 Post by Craig Johnson »

Back in business. Running like a dream. I'll get the boy out there this weekend to punish the mini a little more. You gotta love the ease of working on two strokes.