LT50 help

hollywood43

LT50 help

#1 Post by hollywood43 »

Hi. Does anybody have any experience with Suzuki LT50's? I put a top end on it for a friend after his daughter rode it into a pond sad.gif He, he -- I got it in pieces and not sure how everything goes. I disconnected the oil injection and switched it to premix for him. But the fuel valve up at the tank is different than I've ever seen. It has a vaccum on it that I attached to the brass nipple on the intake side of the jug. Not sure if that's right or not. The other line I took directly to the carb. It runs pretty nice but after sitting all night it filled the cylinder with gas and dumped it out on the floor. My guess is that the valve and maybe needle/seat in the carb need some cleaning and/or replacing. Thanks!!

4punksdad

#2 Post by 4punksdad »

float must be stuck. once the bowl is full the float should stop the flow. Excess fuel should exit the overflow not enter the intake.

hollywood43

#3 Post by hollywood43 »

Hi. Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I found it out the hard way!! sad.gif

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

I got one of these for my 3-year old. FMF makes a pipe for it fairly cheap, and fairly quiet. I was real impressed by the power gain. Not much top speed, but alot of torque. He used to get stuck in the yard climbing our hill, but now he just motors up it. Also, take out the restrictor in the intake for a nice gain, and I'm sure you have taken it out of the stock pipe by now.
My next step is to bypass the oil injection, and go richer on the main jet.

hollywood43

#5 Post by hollywood43 »

This thing was all stock from what I could tell. Somebody had removed the double pilot jet setup but that was about it. I pulled off the restrictors on the intake and exhaust and switched it to premix. It runs really well now. Even pulls me up big hills with little trouble. If it was mine I would pipe it and put an oil filter on it. They're a lot of fun though. I can ride wheelies the entire length of my yard on the thing. :head:

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

double pilot jet?? Guess I need to look again at his carb. What jets do you replace them with?

hollywood43

#7 Post by hollywood43 »

Just pull out the first one and leave the second one in there (so I'm told). I've read a lot of posts where people say that LT50's are way underpowered but my friend's seems to scoot along pretty good.