Best kid's quad for racing?

GDITheman

Best kid's quad for racing?

#1 Post by GDITheman »

My 7 yo has outgrown his 1985 lt50 and i want him to race this summer. So, I'm looking for a new ride for him. I have seen some sweet looking Dinli 90's, but are they a quality product? I saw haydug had a liquid cooled LEM. Which kid's quads should i be looking at? I had the lt80 in mind, but the suspension isn't that great.

just looking for some advice.

Thanks

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

have you seen the new cobra mini.that is the one to have

GDITheman

#3 Post by GDITheman »

i have seen it, but for $8k, daddy could be on a new ATK. hmmmm, i love him, but..................

jfarrar

#4 Post by jfarrar »

haha didnt know the price or how serious of a racer e is.i know alot of national minis that run up to 8 g in a quickness

Exodus

#5 Post by Exodus »

I have been seeing quite a few blaster conversions with cr 80 or that type of motor in them. 8k is just rediculous, its a kids quad for cryin out loud! But thats what it takes now a days I guess. I read a couple of books on how to make your kid a world contender motocross rider and it insain the money you spend. Private trainers, two, sometimes three bikes, full time mech, its nuts.

Honeycutt

#6 Post by Honeycutt »

Buy a used LT 80 and put about 1500 to 2000 grand in it and he will be fine. You can make those things run good. My little boys ride is in the shop right now. I should have it back in a couple of weeks. I am going to dyno it before and after,I will let you know what happens.

The cobra mini is a fast ride, but I think it is a 3 speed. Keep that in mind. The LT 80 is automatic.biggrin.gif