Hey Jay,

I'm gonna need at least 4 of them. Check your PM's

Thanks,
Phil

kdeal

#42 Post by kdeal »

Jay,

One more time....

Aren't these cranks made in West Virginia of old Cannondale cores with YFZ rods, and roller muffler bearings?

tongue.gif

JAY = :mad:

Just kiddin Jay. Now that you got everybody salivating who didn't prepay for one. What's the likelyhood of getting more cranks made? I would buy another one (or two).....

Ken

Jaybr

#43 Post by Jaybr »

OK, heres the deal

All 20 cranks are spoken for, but I only have deposits on 16 of them.

Because of the prototyping and various options they where working on, the first batch of prototypes I will be recieving shorthly will be 10-15 cranks. Doug and I are still going to thoroughly test the prototypes before we start shipping them out, but I'll have some cranks sitting here ready to ship.

So what this means is that Falicon will still be doing another batch of cranks to meet my original order of 20, and because of material and setup, we can get another 15-20 cranks there.

Future order will be much quicker now that all the design and setup is done. However, becuase of the materials used and the sizes the bars and stuff run, they still want to do 15-20 cranks per order. What this means is that if you don't get in on this order, we can get you a crank but you may have to wait awhile. I'm not going to order 15 cranks to fill 1 or 2 orders, I can't afford to have a bunch of $750 cranks sitting around.

cannibalq8

#44 Post by cannibalq8 »

let us know if u wanna order another bunch of falicon cranks

Jaybr

#45 Post by Jaybr »

For all of you that doubted this would happen, and those that listened to the rumor that these Falicon cranks where rebuilt factory cranks, here is a pic taken today of one of our cranks in the middle of production. It's not complete, but very close. Spines need to be cut, rod installed, and probably some finishing work.

There shouldn't be any question in anyones mind at this point.

Jaybr

#46 Post by Jaybr »

Other side

Derno24

#47 Post by Derno24 »

Looking good Jay.!!!!!!!!!:head:

WJR

#48 Post by WJR »

That is beautiful!

cannondale27

#49 Post by cannondale27 »

Kdeal,
I dont want to seem like a arse here but I dont understand why they went with a narrower bearing than stock(Yamaha size).I would think that when building a crank from scratch you wouldnt be limited to what width rod and bearing is used.The only reason I am saying this is because of what Jay said earlier in this same thread.

Bottom line, we are switching to a Yamaha YZ450 rod with 63.4mm stroke. Both the Yamaha and Honda rods are much thinner at the big end, which allows them to thicken up the thin side and thin out the thick side to attain perfect balance between the halves. The Yamaha just happens to use 18mm piston pin which is the same as ours. Falicon is manufacturing these for us, but finding a design that is already in use makes it easier and will also help when the time comes to replace the rod.

It is obvious that this is not a rebuilt Cannondale crank but it IS using a Yamaha spec rod and bearing.I am looking for the perfect answer for me.I dont appreciate being dissed for asking reasonable questions especially since things could be changed at this point yet.I understand from a cost point it makes sense to start with the two halves of the crank the same and then machine the halves along with using a available rod pin combo but the same thing including balance could be achieved with the wider z400 bearing, pin combo but it would require more machine work.I have no doubt Jay and everyone else wants what is best for us and is not concerned over making any money on this venture.But I am definitly concerned that money is a factor for Falicon.

kdeal

#50 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Kdeal,
I dont want to seem like a arse here but I dont understand why they went with a narrower bearing than stock(Yamaha size).I would think that when building a crank from scratch you wouldnt be limited to what width rod and bearing is used.The only reason I am saying this is because of what Jay said earlier in this same thread.

It is obvious that this is not a rebuilt Cannondale crank but it IS using a Yamaha spec rod and bearing.I am looking for the perfect answer for me.I dont appreciate being dissed for asking reasonable questions especially since things could be changed at this point yet.I understand from a [B]cost
point it makes sense to start with the two halves of the crank the same and then machine the halves along with using a available rod pin combo but the same thing including balance could be achieved with the wider z400 bearing, pin combo but it would require more machine work.I have no doubt Jay and everyone else wants what is best for us and is not concerned over making any money on this venture.But I am definitly concerned that money is a factor for Falicon. [/B]

Steve,

What are you talking about? How did I diss you in this thread? The only thing I said in this thread that was half-crocked was the joke to Jay about the cranks being made in West Virginia. How could you take offense at this? I did not mention any names or imply that towards anybody, it was a dig at Jay & Doug. This was because they must of explained a dozen times that these cranks were new. What do you have a problem with?

Ken