ATTN: FALICON crankshaft is coming!!

Jaybr

#81 Post by Jaybr »

Yes, Billet

from the Falicon website:
Forged from alloy steel and knife edged for performance, Falicon Billet Steel Crankshafts have become the standard in the racing world. Whether you race on dirt, asphalt, water or snow, Falicon offers a billet crank to help you win more races. We start with quality-certified E4340 steel, which produces the highest possible tensile strength and durability. Then, we double heat-treat the crankshaft before grinding the rod and main journals to size. Finally, we micro-finish the bearing surfaces and precision machine the drive gears to exacting tolerances.

The Knife????????? Connection Rods - The perfect match for our Billet Crankshaft. Stronger, lighter and more aerodynamic means more power with better reliability. Our design uses Quality Certified 100% machined Timken Var300M Steel forging - Developed by Falicon using the same materials as NASCAR????????? engine builders. The Knife????????? - the most streamlined shape design in the industry - is shaped like an airplane wing to resist twisting and reduce the turbulence in the crankcase for horsepower gains and efficient oil flow.

azcannibal

#82 Post by azcannibal »

Thanks Jay! That answered my questions.

azcannibal

#83 Post by azcannibal »

Hey guys, when is the first intial prototypes going into some of your quads for testing?

Jaybr

#84 Post by Jaybr »

Update:

Because of uncontrollable circumstances, primarily several Hurricanes (Falicon is in Tampa) we still do not have any cranks. They are very close to being done, and I should have a running motor with Falicon crank at the group ride. I should also have the first batch of cranks (10-12) in time to bring them to the ride and deliver them.

I know we expected to have them before now, but Falicon is aware of the group ride and 12 hour race dates and are doing everything they can to get us these cranks in time.

I kept track of dates that people ordered cranks, and will distribute them in that order. However, I know that some of you really need them to get your motors running, while others just want them for future use. If your motor is waiting, please let me know, and if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for batch two please let me know that as well.

dunnbandit1

#85 Post by dunnbandit1 »

i can wait for mine if someone needs it
i dont know where i am on the list so
it might not be any help

speed_demon

#86 Post by speed_demon »

Are there any left in the second batch for sale?

Jaybr

#87 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by speed_demon
Are there any left in the second batch for sale?

Yes:)

CannondaleRider

#88 Post by CannondaleRider »

I thought i got the last one. :confused:

Hmmm, guess not

Jaybr

#89 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I thought i got the last one. :confused:

Hmmm, guess not

I think you got the last of the original order of 20, we bumped it to 30:)

speed_demon

#90 Post by speed_demon »

I just got home from work & saw you still have a few lwft, I'll read over the post to check how much I need to send ya when I get up!