ATTN: FALICON crankshaft is coming!!

Ryanstones

I'm in!

#11 Post by Ryanstones »

Given the absence of info from any other source and the recent disappointments from several builders, I see Falicon crank as by FAR the BEST way to ensure i'm able to keep my baby running. smile.gif

Where'd i put that paypal password?

Step up people!:usa

Ryanstones

confirmed

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

Link to the paypal button:

falicon deposit

:head:

claas900

#13 Post by claas900 »

..I'll be honest,iv really thought about this deal. But i have asked a few questions and got answers,but wasnt happy with the answer...What about RODS!!!!??...we cant just go up town and buy one...And if the only way to get a rod in threw Winky,piss on it..I dont want it..Ill just use another new ATK crank instead
Also,do we know for sure this is going to be the fix?..Theres been some talk that it might be a oil PSI issue??..some with 3 PSI some with 10 PSI,and the funny thing is noone knows why the differents??.. Could it be from a lose crank??
I dunno just some food for thought....

Jammer72

#14 Post by Jammer72 »

Im gonna take at least one more BTW Jay. Gotta pay you for the shocks first. So with me buying one more that makes 8. If no one else steps up I will put the depost down to make 10. I don't want this to not happen.smile.gif

wanablaze

#15 Post by wanablaze »

If Jay will take a cashier's/certified check, I will try my very best to buy one. I can't make any promises, but I will definitely be saving every dime and penny.

Canniboomer

#16 Post by Canniboomer »

But some what if's??....
What if the better the crank, or tighter the tolerances, and the quieter it is, it actually gets LESS oil from the Cannondale routing? It seems ATK is keeping secret how they mod the oiling
system.....What if the Falicon still toasts?, so what if it lasts a few hours more? Is it worth the risk to install ANY crank right now without some oiling mod to assure it gets lubed? Has somebody sent Falicon a motor to test with? For such a high price, they should guarantee it IN THE CANNONDALE, or only sell it tied in with the oil-system fix (whatever that is).

Jaybr

#17 Post by Jaybr »

Cashiers check? I'll take your rolled pennies at this point:deal:

Claas, these cranks will be completely built by Falicon, including the rods. They will have a replaceable pin, unlike our current cranks. They are being designed to be rebuildable, unlike our current cranks.

I've said before, I don't think there are any design issues causing oiling problems. If there is low oil pressure, I believe it's from excessive rod clearance on the crank.

The one thing I think we can count on with these cranks is consistency, I have no doubt that when Falicon builds them there will not be problems with clearances or anything.

Doug and I are planning to install the prototype in one of his quads and have a couple racers run the piss out of it daily for at least a couple weeks to test it. I'm guessing we'll put 50 hours or more on it before approving.

Another thing that I should point out is that none of our current cranks are truly balanced. The weights are macthed with the piston/rod/counterbalance to balance the motor itself, but the crank itself is out of balance between the two halves. This may not be noticeable in the seat of your pants, but I guarantee you it causes additional stress on the bearings.

There is plenty of info out there for you guys to make your own educated desicion about which crank to use, but for $150 over stock crank, I'll be putting the Falicon's in my motors. One required rebuild and you"ll be probably $500 ahead on the Falicon, and I plan on keeping both mine for a long time.

haydug

#18 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
why you wanna diss me haydug?

I'm IN! and have a receipt to prove it!tongue.gif

You better read the fine print on your receipt, I think it says you just paid Jay's salary from Cannondaleriders for the last 2 months. Thanks man, you really are a good guy. :w:

quad_freak14

#19 Post by quad_freak14 »

dang! thats an awesome deal and nice of you guys to do this!

If I had the knowledge of c-dale motors and $800 I would buy one. But i don't have either so im chit outta luck...I hope everything goes well with them!

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

Jay let me into this dance. Put me down for one. PM me your addy and I'll send money!