ATTN: FALICON crankshaft is coming!!

aroracer72

#111 Post by aroracer72 »

Whats so different about this crank then the stock??.....i dont have enough time right no to read the first posts...but is the only differences with these the ability to take the crank apart(2 halves..and a pin)....and the bearing type used???......WHAT exactly is so special about this??...if it doesnt have a different design for more oil flow....then this will jsut fail after time like the stock ones.....am i right???? (but it does look real nice and purty)
CHAD

wistech

#112 Post by wistech »

I dont think we have seen any proof that there is a lube problem. These cranks should take care of the balance problem and with good quality parts should be able to handle anything thrown at them.

FaliconKen

#113 Post by FaliconKen »

Originally posted by aroracer72
Whats so different about this crank then the stock??.....i dont have enough time right no to read the first posts...but is the only differences with these the ability to take the crank apart(2 halves..and a pin)....and the bearing type used???......WHAT exactly is so special about this??...if it doesnt have a different design for more oil flow....then this will jsut fail after time like the stock ones.....am i right???? (but it does look real nice and purty)
CHAD

What??????????????????s so different? Here??????????????????s my top 10:

1. This crank is vastly stronger than the stock crank. We use quality-certified E4340 steel, which produces the highest possible tensile strength and durability. Then, we double heat-treat the crankshaft.

2. It is far better balanced than the stock crank. You??????????????????ll feel the difference. This puts much less stress on the crank and other engine components. We have balanced new Cannondale cranks and they are pretty far off from the factory. But no matter what we try to do to an OEM crank, it can only be improved so much.

3. Tighter tolerances will assist in keeping the oil pressure higher than a crank with larger clearances.

4. A really stout rod. We use a race-proven Knife Rod, and a race-proven bearing. They seem to be holding up well for Team Yamaha??????????????????s AMA Flattrack team. When we told Haydoug we were using our ????????????????Yamaha??????????????? rod and bearing, we didn??????????????????t mean Yamaha-manufactured parts. We meant ????????????????the parts we use on the cranks we build for the Yamaha factory team???????????????. These are expensive parts and we believe they will do a good job for you.

5. It??????????????????s pretty.

6. Buying one helps Doug keep this web site running. If Doug and Jay had not worked hard to get these orders together, we??????????????????d have our TRX cranks finished and you guys would still be wondering how to solve your crank problems. As it is, it??????????????????s the TRX guys waiting...

7. Did I mention it??????????????????s pretty?

8. Better bore/stroke ratio.

9. Bigger engine. 12.5% bigger.

10. The look on the Yamaha riders faces when you blow by???????????????.. priceless???????????????

aroracer72

#114 Post by aroracer72 »

i wasnt putting it down...lol.....i jsut wanted to know what was differemt....and now i know.....thanks
CHAD

FaliconKen

#115 Post by FaliconKen »

Originally posted by aroracer72
i wasnt putting it down...lol.....i jsut wanted to know what was differemt....and now i know.....thanks
CHAD

No offense taken. I just wanted to answer your question... Letterman style...biggrin.gif

BTW, when Cannondale first prototyped the engine, we built the first two cranks. The went with someone cheaper, I guess, and changed the design. From what I understand, those two prototype cranks are still running today! So, its a real question in my mind about any "oil problem", at least as far as our design goes. Now, I could be wrong, but this might simply be a problem from too much cleareance in the "other" crank. I'm not an engineer and this should be considered as an idiot's opinion.biggrin.gif

azcannibal

#116 Post by azcannibal »

FALICONKEN- Thank you...thank you...thank you! There will be more where that came from as soon as I get my Falicon in and running.

Jaybr's earlier post regarding the counter balancer....I do not recall other 4 stroke engines having one. Is it really a necessity in all 4 stroke single cylinder?

Thanks!

Happyboy

#117 Post by Happyboy »

Other 4 strokes do have them... When I rebuilt a warrior it looked like a very similar setup.

FaliconKen

#118 Post by FaliconKen »

Originally posted by azcannibal
FALICONKEN-   Thank you...thank you...thank you!  There will be more where that came from as soon as I get my Falicon in and running.

Jaybr's earlier post regarding the counter balancer....I do not recall other 4 stroke engines having one.  Is it really a necessity in all 4 stroke single cylinder?

Thanks!

Necessary? No. Some singles don't have them.

Good to have? Generally, yes.

We've seen some pro racers remove them, or machine them down, but with mixed results. You do lose some rotating mass, but some of that energy is lost through increased vibration.

I'd leave it alone.

cannibalq8

#119 Post by cannibalq8 »

i wanna thanx Jay,Doug and Ken from Falicon for what they r doing for Cannondale Community ... u r Rocks guys :head: :usa

CannondaleRider

#120 Post by CannondaleRider »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, Thanks everyone