ATTN: FALICON crankshaft is coming!!

haydug

#31 Post by haydug »

WHAT??? Stroker cranks now?? hehe.

I guess cancel my order for 7 cranks!!

Put me down for 8. tongue.gif

Derno24

#32 Post by Derno24 »

Owwwww I am getting very excited Jay I would say sign me up, but I am already!smile.gif :usa

kdeal

#33 Post by kdeal »

If anybody cancels, I'll take theirs too...

:head:

cannondale27

#34 Post by cannondale27 »

I thought they were using a round crank rather than the stock porkchop design?I still think Z400 width rod and bearing are way to go since modified Yamahas seem to have their share of crank failures also.

Jaybr

#35 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by cannondale27
I thought they were using a round crank rather than the stock porkchop design?I still think Z400 width rod and bearing are way to go since modified Yamahas seem to have their share of crank failures also.

It is a round design. And they are not using a Yamaha rod, they are using a Falicon knife edge rod with Yamaha specs. Their Honda 450 crank is the same width, piston pin hole is a little off though. I trust they know what they are doing and their rod setup will work fine.

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh thats good.Freind of mine put Falicon knife rod in his YFZ works great so far.He was able to get the rod in one week also which is a big plus.

claas900

#37 Post by claas900 »

..I think this brings up some new ?'s now. Do we have enoughf clearance for the 2.4 increase in stroke?, in the case and with the counter balance missing the piston?
.. My understanding is more stroke needs more oil,are we sure were not going to have an issue with that?
..And as Cannon27 said some yamahas have lost some bearings,if this rod is going to built to yamaha spec. Does that mean there going to use yamaha bearings also? I think what Cannon27 was trying to say is if its just a yamaha spec rod with no improvements to the bearing then were really going to get nowere with this..
..And do we have an arrival date on theses??...
..Doug is getting my motor this week,and id love to use this crank if i could,tho im not going to wait months for this,i waited 6 months for a winky crank that never showed,and im not going to do that again...

claas900

#38 Post by claas900 »

..I just reread my post,sorry if i kinda came off like a butthead,i didnt mean to...smile.gif

Jaybr

#39 Post by Jaybr »

Falicon uses Koyo bearings, very high quality from what I understand. I have no idea what the stock yamaha bearing is.

clearance is not a problem. The smaller "big end" of the rod allows for much more clearance. Their actually using a shorter rod and moving it further out on the crank. They will position it such that the piston will be at the same height at TDC, and the extra stroke will be at the bottom. You won't have to worry about this, I will be putting one in my motor as will Haydug and testing before we send any out.

They said they can get even more stroke out of it, but I wanted to have a 450 option for the racers.

timbomoose

#40 Post by timbomoose »

Thanks alot Jay.:mad: I thought I had a real good edge on everyone for the next group ride races with the 465, now I'm down 4cc.sad.gif Just kidding. I noticed a huge low and mid increase along with the top end with the extra stroke and I'm sure everyone is really going to like the extra power and love eating up those new yamis.:head: Can't wait to hear how they run with the new crank!biggrin.gif