ATTN: FALICON crankshaft is coming!!

kdeal

#61 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by jacobw
guys I dont know much about these cranks are these going to be a direct bolt in item? Will this keep the displacement the same? Will you use a stock piston or a aftermarket one?

Bolt-in, ah...no you are going to have to let Haydug install it....
JUST KIDDING.

Yes, they will bolt right in (with the appropriate mechanical skills).
You will be able to use the stock piston or aftermarket one of your choice. Haydug will have some sweet ones soon (if not already), that will use the stock bore and one (maybe two) bigger bore sizes. If you are going to race in sanctioned races, use the stock bore size piston (was 432cc will be 449cc). Otherwise go with a 450 or 460 piston kit. (469cc or 478cc) smile.gif

jacobw

#62 Post by jacobw »

will these cranks eliminate the engine vibration that the cannondale has and eliminate the need for a stage 8 bolt kit?

kdeal

#63 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by jacobw
will these cranks eliminate the engine vibration that the cannondale has and eliminate the need for a stage 8 bolt kit?

Strictly a guess on my part. I would imagine that it will at least have less motor vibration.

cannondale27

#64 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes there is a defininite improvement in vibration with a balanced crank.It is really obvious when you ride both a balanced motor and a stocker.My stocker has a stock crank and I couldnt believe how pronounced the vibration is at the handlebars.You just get used to the vibration over time but once you sample a balanced one it will be another"what were they thinking thing again"issue.As for the stage 8 I would still always do that in the ssm cases since I believe they have a lot of flex in the cases which will also cause bolts to loosen up.

kdeal

#65 Post by kdeal »

Steve,

You are right on the newer cases. I agree. I didn't think of it from the point of the material of the case.

Ken

azcannibal

#66 Post by azcannibal »

What is SSM stand for? vs. the Old style name ?

Canniboomer

#67 Post by Canniboomer »

"Semi-Solid" something? Material?,Metal? forget which but the "semi" translates to half-solid which sounds weaker as a name anyway -- I hope it wasn't done mainly to cut costs, but that could have been a factor while also redesigning for the hydraulic clutch.

thomez

#68 Post by thomez »

Semi-solid metal - it is more porous and ... weaker.

azcannibal

#69 Post by azcannibal »

The way you can tell if you have the SSM is the "CANNONDALE" name under the counter sprocket ? Right?

thomez

#70 Post by thomez »

Exactly.