ATTN: FALICON crankshaft is coming!!

KYmxracer52

#71 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Your not kidding about weaker. I just found a rather long crack in mine. Started inside the starter clutch housing and ends behind the stator. Hard to keep oil in it that's for sure!! I'm going to be switching over to the cable clutch style cases for the added strength. I may sell my hydraulic clutch if anyone wants it.

azcannibal

#72 Post by azcannibal »

Jaybr, how much longer till you get the falicon installed and tested? I cannot wait to see the results. I am going to send you $300 down on the next batch. Thanks !

biggrin.gif

wistech

#73 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by KYmxracer52
Your not kidding about weaker.  I just found a rather long crack in mine.  Started inside the starter clutch housing and ends behind the stator.  Hard to keep oil in it that's for sure!!  I'm going to be switching over to the cable clutch style cases for the added strength.  I may sell my hydraulic clutch if anyone wants it.

Well Steve that makes 2:(

Jaybr

#74 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by azcannibal
Jaybr, how much longer till you get the falicon installed and tested?  I cannot wait to see the results.  I am going to send you $300 down on the next batch.  Thanks !

biggrin.gif

I can't get a commited date, but as of yesterday they where in line for the spline machine.

After bumping this order up, I still have 2 left if you want one. Should have them in Oct.

azcannibal

#75 Post by azcannibal »

Jay- $$$ has been sent via paypal. Thanks! I cannot wait to see how these cranks smooth out the vibration. All I can say is Bringit!!:head:

Jaybr

#76 Post by Jaybr »

Got it,

Thanks

claas900

#77 Post by claas900 »

I have something here a little off topic.. I rember reading that SBM was going to start offering a 482 dune killer,I thought it was going to use a new crank with out haveing to use the counter balance..I dont know anyone with this 482..But id like to know how they got away from the counter balance?..

azcannibal

#78 Post by azcannibal »

Good question- Jay, are we going to still use the counterbalancer? If not, does it just press off the shaft?

Jaybr

#79 Post by Jaybr »

We are still using it.

azcannibal

#80 Post by azcannibal »

Jay- Is this crank billet Aluminum? I'm sorry if these questions have been answered already.