Rated-X arms

cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

I run that setup sometimes and its about 48" if you are running high or a bit more if you lower the quad.Worked fine for Ironman but kinda sucked for a few of the really tight Harescrambles.

CannondaleRider

#22 Post by CannondaleRider »

Has any one had any problems with installation?

How do you keep the balljoint from spinning when putting on the nuts, We can't find a way.

Any tips:confused:

badvox

#23 Post by badvox »

I assume you are talking about the bottom one.

I just did this install too and it was the bottom that gave me a headache. That nut is almost to big because it rubs on the inside right?

I filed just a bit off the flange of that nut so it didnt rub.
Then it went on great. Also I took it off and put it on the ball joint once just to get it threaded a bit. Then installed it

One thing is for sure that nut is NOT coming off during a ride!!

mike

CannondaleRider

#24 Post by CannondaleRider »

That is a slight problem.

The problem we're having(upper and lower), is the nut is a lock nut, it gets to the lock part, and just starts spinning the balljoint, and theres no way to keep it from spinning without damaging something. That I know of.

badvox

#25 Post by badvox »

Oh lock nut. I didnt get a lock nut with mine.

Can you push the boot down and grab the bolt with thin vice grip?

toothandnail

#26 Post by toothandnail »

simple just put some washers on to space the lockut up , tighten to seat the stud in taper, back off nut ,remove washers , reinstall locknut , the taper fit will keep it from turning until the nut is tight, works every time for me:)

RXM

#27 Post by RXM »

What tooth&nail said! smile.gif

hnnblehscnnble

#28 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

or put the wheels on and have the weight of the quad put them in.it spins because there isnt a load on it.so if you put the wheels on and let it off the jack maybe even jump on the front end a little to set them it shoudl work.worked for me on my housers.

kyle

CannondaleRider

#29 Post by CannondaleRider »

I'm thinking that would have an adverse affect...

Your pushing down on the front end, and the tires are being pushed up, and the shocks are pushing the a-arms down, doing that would actually try to pull them out I think

The washers have worked for the top, but we have to modify some of the washers to work on the bottom.

CptHook

#30 Post by CptHook »

Are the balljoints on the sealed type? by that I mean, do they have the rubber boot on them? This is another reason Im contemplating getting these because the ASR balljoints are not sealed or anything and I have a feeling Ill be going through balljoints all the time because they are not protected.