Forums are back!

Jaybr

#1 Post by Jaybr »

We finally got most of the old data converted and the forums are now moved. As you can see we are at a new site with new forum software.

The conversion didn't work 100%, this was primarily due to problems with the old ISP. They had locked me out of the "Backup" directory and for some reason refused to give me access. This made the conversion difficult, it should have been as simple as me stopping the forum, running a full backup, and moving the file here. It didn't happen that way, so we got probably 99% of the post and none of the attachments.

About all I have done so far is set permissions on the forums. We have alot more options now so we should be able to make this a much better site with the new ISP. Contact Haydug if you have some skills and would like to help out, I've been really busy and it will take some time for me to do everything.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Jaybr @ Mar 29 2006, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We finally got most of the old data converted and the forums are now moved. As you can see we are at a new site with new forum software.

The conversion didn't work 100%, this was primarily due to problems with the old ISP. They had locked me out of the "Backup" directory and for some reason refused to give me access. This made the conversion difficult, it should have been as simple as me stopping the forum, running a full backup, and moving the file here. It didn't happen that way, so we got probably 99% of the post and none of the attachments.

About all I have done so far is set permissions on the forums. We have alot more options now so we should be able to make this a much better site with the new ISP. Contact Haydug if you have some skills and would like to help out, I've been really busy and it will take some time for me to do everything.

Thanks Jay.Is much appreciated.

Mjollnir

#3 Post by Mjollnir »

Nice new digs! You need a new banner in the right size with a transparent background though. biggrin.gif I know you have all kinds of spare time, Jay. laugh.gif

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

QUOTE (Mjollnir @ Mar 30 2006, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice new digs! You need a new banner in the right size with a transparent background though. biggrin.gif I know you have all kinds of spare time, Jay. laugh.gif

Can't you come up with something less obvious than that I need to fix? I'm sure there are lots of little things that need tweeking.

To make things more fun, I got home tonight and my laptop is dead mad.gif Yeah, the one with all my tools on it I use to change things like banners.

brunsyeah

#5 Post by brunsyeah »

QUOTE (Jaybr @ Mar 30 2006, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't you come up with something less obvious than that I need to fix? I'm sure there are lots of little things that need tweeking.

To make things more fun, I got home tonight and my laptop is dead mad.gif Yeah, the one with all my tools on it I use to change things like banners.

how about this...my old S/N (brunsyeah) wont let me pm or reply to messages....it says i do not have permission. I had permission on the old board and when you switched this is what i had to do to even be able to tell you guys somethings wrong. You have no email on the board so i couldnt just email you to tell you. I did pm you from this name but i thought in case another mod could fix it they can see this too. Im afraid other members may be having the same problem after the move.
Thanks
Andrwe