dual battery setup

Bill31251

#21 Post by Bill31251 »

Whats the chances of getting one of these any of you all that saw the morning starts can tell I need one. Do you have any left??

haydug

#22 Post by haydug »

yes, I have one more left for now, but will have more done soon.

exrider

#23 Post by exrider »

can you take a couple pictures of it setup on your bike...im still a little confused on where to run the wires to what ? thanks

440rider

Battery set up

#24 Post by 440rider »

Doug how soon do you think i can get a aduel battery set up from you. I need one bad for the XC summer series. Please put me on the list. Thx David Todd

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

Just so everyone can kinda see how this all sets up.... Battery mounts before the steering stem all the way up front
[img]http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=46345[/img]

Derno24

#26 Post by Derno24 »

I have mine mounted with the terminals to the left (when sitting on the quad) Doug said he likes them on the right. There is plenty of wires to rundown the side. Keep the wires to the inside of the rail and then under the radiator in that big opening.

Go around to the battery keeping an eye on where you are routing it making sure it won't touch something that will get to hot for the coating (radiator or engine). Disconnect the terminal on the silenoid closest to the starter. Than disconnect the other end of that wire that goes to the starter. Take the rubber boots off with it so you can use them on your wires.

Next take the wires that are mounted to the battery. The negative lead on the battery goes to the silenoid. The positive lead goes to the starter.
[img]http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=46347[/img]

If you guys need better close up pictures just ask.