New Cannondale Plastic

USAMoto00

#41 Post by USAMoto00 »

Isn't that the truth!:usa

Canniboomer

#42 Post by Canniboomer »

I hope they include the "metal-flake" appearance in most any new colors they consider, like with our current silver fenders...
and contrasting light spider-webbing also cool and helps mask scuffs/scratches.

Exodus

#43 Post by Exodus »

So have you decided on whether or not to have some made. You got me sitting on pins and needles with anticapation. lol

cdrookie

#44 Post by cdrookie »

that poll is older than i am(almost). they still have a ton of red plastic they can't get rid of and they'd want a serious chunk of $$$$$ to make more. it's safe to say no more plastic will be produced.

CannondaleRider

#45 Post by CannondaleRider »

I wish they had some in grey :confused: :cry:

Exodus

#46 Post by Exodus »

I talked to Cycra a few days ago. The fella there told me that it would be $800 per fender for a set up charge. So in all you would have $1600 in setup, and you would have to buy 100 sets of plastic for $50 bucks per fender. In total, $6600 bucks would get you any color they could make. That breaks down to $132 a fender. We havent considered shipping or any mark ups, thats just the bottom line. Anybody want to spend any money?

KYmxracer52

#47 Post by KYmxracer52 »

If it all goes through where it just costs each person $132 per fender, I would be interested in a new set. How many people do you think would get in on it?

Exodus

#48 Post by Exodus »

I wouldnt have any idea. Thats 100 fenders front and rear. So you would need 50 people to buy a complete set. That doesnt sound like that would be undoable, but then again, if it was my 6600 hundred dollars on the line, then I probably would be sweating bullets. And theres alot of details to consider, like color, and shipping. I never asked if that was just for one color, or any number of colors. Theres a lot to consider before jumping into this. And I dont have any money. I was just talking to the guy when I ordered a couple of sets for my bike and asked him a few questions.

KYmxracer52

#49 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Surely once they get the mold setup ready, color wouldn't be a big issue. Just change it. Maybe they could just offer silver and black. They seem to be the two most popular colors. Maybe one of the dealers or "officials" would like to get this ball rolling.

MichiganMXer722

#50 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

I would think its doable but like said above its not my 7k on the line. I'd buy a few sets as long as the color isn't grey, black blue yellow orange green who cares silver is just bleh:p