ATTN: FALICON crankshaft is coming!!

Happyboy

#21 Post by Happyboy »

Anything new on these?

Jaybr

Udate

#22 Post by Jaybr »

OK, the deal is on and they have the deposit.

I talked to them last friday and they had done the first mach-up and were not happy with one issue. I talked to them again yesterday and they have resolved the issue and where making some new parts for their mach up. They said they should have it done early next week and could give me a firm eta then. I think we are very close to getting the first prototype for testing.

Now, on my end I have still not recieved very many deposits. All you guys that said you want one better come through when they arrive or I will hunt you down:hammer:

dunnbandit1

#23 Post by dunnbandit1 »

jaybr i went to the post office they want to much to mail
a big bag of pennies just kidding
did you say you could take payments
it might be 2 months before i could have all the money

Jaybr

#24 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by dunnbandit1
did you say you could take payments
it might be 2 months before i could have all the money

No problem, send what you can and I'll hold you one.

speed2424

#25 Post by speed2424 »

Any new developments on the prototype?smile.gif

haydug

#26 Post by haydug »

They are just about ALL GONE!!! If you miss out, well tongue.gif

Big Dog

Cranks and Shocks

#27 Post by Big Dog »

Jaybr you have a PM.

CannondaleRider

#28 Post by CannondaleRider »

I got the last one :head: Thanks guys :usa

WJR

#29 Post by WJR »

Would someone post a pic of one of these Falicons when they arrive. I am dying to see what they look like!

WJR

Jaybr

#30 Post by Jaybr »

OK,

I had several discussions with Falicon today and we are getting very close to having cranks.

They have been having some issues with balance as the Cannondale design has 1 side thicker than the other. I have had several discussions about this problem over the past couple weeks and today they called with a possible solution that solved all the issues.

Bottom line, we are switching to a Yamaha YZ450 rod with 63.4mm stroke. Both the Yamaha and Honda rods are much thinner at the big end, which allows them to thicken up the thin side and thin out the thick side to attain perfect balance between the halves. The Yamaha just happens to use 18mm piston pin which is the same as ours. Falicon is manufacturing these for us, but finding a design that is already in use makes it easier and will also help when the time comes to replace the rod.

The stroke length, well I had to make a decision so we could move forward so I did. 63.4 mm is a common stroke length for those rods, and will give you 449cc with stock 95mm piston. For those of you that want to run 97mm pistons (like myself) you will be at 469cc.

I'm sorry if any of you don't like the stroke change, but I felt like this was the best option we had. If you want to run 450 class, just use a stock or Wiseco 95mm and your good to go and save a few bucks. If you not racing a 450 class, drop a 97mm piston in and hang on.

If any of you that have deposits in don't like this stroke setup, I will gladly refund your money.

Now that we are past this issue the only thing we are waiting on is a cutting tool for the splines on the timing chain side, should not be much longer.