ATTN: FALICON crankshaft is coming!!

haydug

ATTN: FALICON crankshaft is coming!!

#1 Post by haydug »

You read it right. Falicon, one the the leader in the crankshaft building industry has agreed to build us 20 new crankshafts. They will only be available through cannondaleriders.com.

Here is the deal: There will be 20 NEW falicon crankshafts built in 8-10 weeks. These will NOT be rebuilt cranks, these are new and will be a different design. These cranks will be fully rebuildable, at a normal cost. This will be a 3-peice standard design crankshaft.

Now, the downfall to this: PRICE and AVAILABILITY!!

Price: $750 for this work of art. You must pay 1/2 down to be put on the list. Contact Jaybr for this. As you can imagine, putting out $18,000 in cranks is a HUGE step on www.cannondaleriders.com's part.
For those who do not put a down payment, price is $825.00
Again, this is a fully rebuildable crankshaft, it something happens, take it to your local shop, buy a rod and have around $150-200 in a rebuild.
Availability: There will be 20 of these built in the first run, of which I will be taking 1 and Jaybr will take 1-2. So, now we are down to 17 available.
They should have a pre-production one for me to run in a couple of weeks, I will post some pictures of it when I get it.

Cannondaleriders.com is VERY committed to keeping these bikes running forever. If I find weak parts, I will try my best to get a better product made. As for parts availability, I like to keep parts on the shelf for exchange basis to keep you guys running and not waiting months for your engines. The chassis on these bikes are nop notch, and with a bulletproof engine, they should last forever.
I think we should all take a moment and pm Jay on his deligent work on this crankshaft issue, I know in the future you will thank him.

So, you know the deal on the time frame here, if your motor is running, I would say to keep running it. Buy one of these cranks now, get you're 450 kit sometime this summer, and then this fall tear your bike apart and build the ultimate dale. :usa

EuroGOD

#2 Post by EuroGOD »

Fantastic! Thanks to Jay and yourself Doug :clap:

Now with a pre-pro coming in the next few weeks, we'd be looking at a minimum 6-8 weeks before they're avaiable?
This baby of mine is sucking the money straight out of my wallet :cry: If I've got a few weeks to get some cash together, I'm in.

pdavis

#3 Post by pdavis »

nice... only thing doug, is that FALICON isnt one of the leaders in crankshaft building industy.... they ARE the leader, by a wide margin...:wow :wow :wow :wow :head: :head:

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

Glad you guys appreciate this, but there is one thing Doug forgot to mention. We won't be placing the order until I get at least 12 deposits.

The deal is put together, price set, everything is ready to go, but I'm not going to fork out that kind of money until I know they will be bought.

Happyboy

rebuildable crank

#5 Post by Happyboy »

OK, this begs the question. What about the current crank is not rebuildable? I always thought all the cranks were rebuildable. This would explain the $600 cost of rebuilding the current one. New rod, pin, bearing, what else is there?

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

I'm no crank expert by any means, but this is my understanding. The pin in the current crank is not replaceable, it's part of one of the crank halfs

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

The cranks have not been ordered yet, I have recieved only one request to put a deposit down and will not order until I see more deposits.

I'll put up a paypal button and see what we get.

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

thomez

#9 Post by thomez »

This is a brand new crank from one the best crankshaft manufacturers in the world, not a rebuilt stock one with new bearings.

Jaybr

#10 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Jammer72
Yeah the lack of interest is mindboggling especially after the group ride.  :confused:  . I could do about 5 myself which still doesnt get you half way. I can use another one but that would leave me 3 to get rid of.  If this doesnt come around it just adds another nail to the cannondale coffin:p  which I dont want to see happen.

I don't want to see it either, but I also don't want 10k in leftover cranks sitting in my garage:confused: