30 Days and Counting Until the Group Ride

thomez

#51 Post by thomez »

Hey, glad you got in touch with him. Should be a good time had by all. I can't wait til it comes because after that I only have 2 finals and it is summer biggrin.gif

Summer = Zack able to ride finally....

Derno24

#52 Post by Derno24 »

Just so I am sure Deliverance is with Bill Paxton and Matthew McConnsomething right. They think they are sent by god to do his work and kill the bad people. Right movie?

Derno24

#53 Post by Derno24 »

Hmmmm I'll have to watch that. What is the movie I am talking about then? Any ideas are welcome. If I get off my butt I might ask for you guys to send video clips to me so I can make a bigger video. Anyone have any? My final cut pro software and DVD burner are crying for it. And for those wondering how can you watch a dvd on site with alot of guys. I am thinking generator and video projector on the side of a trailer. I got some whacky ideas1!!!:eek: :eek:

thomez

#54 Post by thomez »

Derno - rent an LCD projector, bring a laptop for the DVD, or just a DVD player (they have RCA inputs) - also, someone can bring us a PS2 and we can play ATV Offroad Fury ! Big screen!

I set this junk up daily it could be a lot of fun. I'm not sure what it costs to rent a projector. If I wasn't flying I could bring one from work but I don't think it would fly to fly it (lol).

Jaybr

#55 Post by Jaybr »

I've got a DVD player, might be able to snag a projector from work.

What's a PS2? I've got 2 Xboxes and a network hub:)

thomez

#56 Post by thomez »

Sorry Jay :confused:

Yes they have S video ******. The ones we have here take a bunch of inputs...

Derno24

#57 Post by Derno24 »

Well here we go....I have the ps2 with the multi-tap for 4 players. If we want to go big I'll bring the dj sound system and we could rock the place. My laptop has video out and if Jay can't get a projector I should be able too.

But it still doesn't answer my first question. If anyone has videos of dales in action feel free to send them. I don't mind putting something together we can have fun with. I will even put something together after the ride.

Jaybr

#58 Post by Jaybr »

OK,

Now I'm looking for some volunteers so things will be at least a little organized.

Need people to organize of the following competition:

Drag Strip
MX
XC - includes the MX track so need to schedule around that.
Barrel Racing - We've got some barrels and a clear spot in the field, thought it would be fun

I'm thinking just set aside a little time during the ride to run some organized races, maybe take signups and figure it out from there

I'd also like to get someone to take care of gathering firewood for the bonfire each night. There is plenty of wood from all the trees that fell in the hurricane last fall. I've been steadily cutting them up into managable peices, just need someone to take the trailer around each day and fill it up for the nights fire.

Ryanstones

#59 Post by Ryanstones »

How about a schedule of events? There's gonna be enough of us there to make communication difficult. Anybody got a bullhorn or two? ******?

OK, so i'm working on a draft
:confused:

garysol1

#60 Post by garysol1 »

I will be there Saturday so feel free to use me as needed and no........not in that way. If you need some sort of judging or time keeping I will be happy to help.

Originally posted by Jaybr
OK,

Now I'm looking for some volunteers so things will be at least a little organized.

Need people to organize of the following competition:

Drag Strip
MX
XC - includes the MX track so need to schedule around that.
Barrel Racing - We've got some barrels and a clear spot in the field, thought it would be fun

I'm thinking just set aside a little time during the ride to run some organized races, maybe take signups and figure it out from there

I'd also like to get someone to take care of gathering firewood for the bonfire each night.  There is plenty of wood from all the trees that fell in the hurricane last fall.  I've been steadily cutting them up into managable peices, just need someone to take the trailer around each day and fill it up for the nights fire.