Ported Head!!

haydug

Ported Head!!

#1 Post by haydug »

I have one ported head laying on the shelf, ready to ship. $399 with exchange. Core head must be good.

Paypal: haydugel@zoomnet.net

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

Reangled injectors? Is this from FDO or ? Just wondering.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

You are kidding right.. :confused:
I finally talked FDO into returning all of my unfinished heads. If you paid FDO a deposit, please contact me for credit toward one of these heads, or refund.

I have not re-angled the injectors yet, we were trying to play with different injectors for a cheaper yet just as effective route, but I think the next head we are trying reangled.

There is one head currently running now from my new vendor. All I can say is WOW!!

I installed a 450 kit and one of these heads on Kenny's bike (housercannondale) who has been working for me this summer. My first impression was it was blazing fast on top-end, but not much gain on bottom. But, that was at the shop in a field. After taking it to a track, it became obvious that this thing rips. My mx bike is a 450 kit, with one of FDO's original design heads(no injector reangle) and it will not run with Kenny's bike now. I could almost leave the bike in 3rd the whole track. He is running the moto/speed 110 jaybr map with richer flow rate and leaner offset. It is very crisp and responsive. It is alittle stronger on bottom, with a solid mid range, but towards the top of the midrange it comes ALIVE!!
I have sent this head out to wannablaze for him to test it this weekend.

These heads will be readily available, turn around time now is 2 weeks. Each head is getting new valves as well (long story). They are available exclusively through haydug cycles.
If you want a fast dale, this is it!!

Oh, one more thing, we have been working on cams as well. They will be hard welded, and come close to matching the original mx cams, but with a little different lift/duration to match the head porting. As soon as we get the de-compression figured out to be reliable, they will be offered to cannondaleriders.com members first.

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

I thought you might have had the one left :confused:

I did pay $100 deposit to FDO :cry:

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by thomez
I thought you might have had the one left :confused:

I did pay $100 deposit to FDO :cry:

You will get your money back, or apply it to one of these heads. As soon as all the parts come back from FDO (5 unfinished heads) I will be shipping them off to be completed. As soon as you want one, let me know and it'll ship off no problem. I think you need to drop the engine anyway don't you. :cry:

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

It's already out :head:

I'm not sure if I want a new head or I should apply the 100 to other ventures which are of more immediate importance. I'll think about it. :deal:

azcannibal

#7 Post by azcannibal »

Doug- I cracked my sleeve and it went dead almost right away. The engine oil was contaminated with Engine Ice. It did smoke white for about 5 to seconds and died. I was thinking about sending you my head that appears to be ok. It's an early 03 engine. The head appears to not be cracked. Warped, I do not know? I'm sure you have had some experience with this problem I had. I have put down money for the Falicon. I did not know if I should do a 98mm or 97mm piston/sleeve with the Falicon.

Thanks

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by azcannibal
Doug-  I cracked my sleeve and it went dead almost right away.  The engine oil was contaminated with Engine Ice.  It did smoke white for about 5 to seconds and died.  I was thinking about sending you my head that appears to be ok.  It's an early 03 engine.  The head appears to not be cracked.  Warped, I do not know?  I'm sure you have had some experience with this problem I had.  I have put down money for the Falicon.  I did not know if I should do a 98mm or 97mm piston/sleeve with the Falicon.

Thanks

Send me the head, I'll check it for cracks. I would go with the 97 mm bore with the falicon, IF displacement is not a factor.

Delaware152

#9 Post by Delaware152 »

I wonder why you are putting new valves in all off them now? lol I guess I will find out how well this set-up runs soon hopefully.

Jaybr

#10 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Delaware152
I wonder why you are putting new valves in all off them now? lol I guess I will find out how well this set-up runs soon hopefully.

Top Secret design with many hours of prototyping and testing, some of the design ideas borrowed from the factory 04 prototype engines and fine tuned.wink.gif