Ported Head!!

azcannibal

#21 Post by azcannibal »

Hold off for now....wife caught wind of it and said I will have to wait.....!@%!$^!#^$.

Priorities.....Wife....Kids....Wife....Wife....................me.

JST

#22 Post by JST »

Is there any difference in the FX head as opposed to the newer heads?

bphillman

#23 Post by bphillman »

More aggressive Cams...

JST

^^^

#24 Post by JST »

Is that the only difference?Will I be able to run this head on my FX motor with the head internals from my motor w/o any other mods?

claas900

#25 Post by claas900 »

..Hey Doug maybe you can give us an update on whats done to theses heads?..I know your frist post you said,they will have new valves,maybe new cam grinds? post work?..Anything new on the new injectors?..Or are you guys thinking of getting them reangled?..So maybe give us a quick run down on whats done to them??

haydug

#26 Post by haydug »

Just an update, The heads are using new valves yes, but I am trying to secure Kibblewhite valves now for them. Everyone seems to be extremely happy with the heads so far, BUT, as with anything, I have had a couple of bumps in the road. I am having the heads decked for more compression. I have lost one head, with little time on it, but it seems to have sucked a substantial amount of dirt, which caused one intake valve to sick open. There is another head with plenty of time so far. These heads are also being ported for your motor size. I have two motors being built now around 470cc, so we upped the flow on the bench. These heads are being tested on a flow bench before being sent out.
The new cams are done, and running flawlessly so far. My motor survived the "Loneracer" for a couple of hours, so that would be about like a full season for anyone else(:eek: ). LOL, kidding. But, I'm not to easy on it either.
Anyway, if I can find a dyno close to hear, I would love to get my bike on it for reference.

ducman

#27 Post by ducman »

I think there is a dyno down at Milton.

claas900

#28 Post by claas900 »

..thanks for the update..is there anything new with playing with different injectors?..smile.gif

wanablaze

#29 Post by wanablaze »

Sorry Doug,

In case you guys didn't know, I'm the one that messed up the head. It was not a poor design or faulty parts, It was me being stupid. I had installed a custom briggs and stratton filter on top of my airbox and had been running it for a while before installing the head. When we had the motor apart we noticed one small marking on the top of the piston where something had damaged it. My dad and I didn't think too much of it and continued to install Doug's head. I continued to run the airbox setup until the bike quit running.

I'm looking at my airbox now, it looks like the keyplate hit the custom airfilter just enough to tear the rtv holding it in. As Doug said, a piece of dirt made it into the intake plenum and then damaged a valve. There was no damage to the piston, so the valve wasn't damaged by the piston. I'm very sorry Doug, and will reimburse you for the damage. Those of you running the briggs and Stratton setup, watch it closely(even for mx)!

I can assure you guys that this head made really good power and I revved the heck out of it. For the money the topend pull was the best mod I've done yet. I'm buying another from Doug along with a custom intake from Canniboomer. :usa

JST

#30 Post by JST »

Will these heads interchange with the FX heads?