To all YFZ Owners!!

haydug

To all YFZ Owners!!

#1 Post by haydug »

OK, I am working with Houser now to get some subframes made. I have to order 15 of these to get it done, but they are starting on it right after the dealer show in KY.
Now, my idea has a machined clamp around the frame instead of a weld on tab like walsh has. Or you can weld tabs on if you want. I have heard some people say the walsh kit sits up higher in the back than the stocker. I have not seen one yet, and not trying to copy it. Price will of course be cheaper than a walsh product, but it is not set in stone as of yet.
Any ideas on how to improve this and make it attractive to you guys? I was thinking about an intergal battery box like the LSR deal.
So for ideas: I'm listening.
Put your name on the list, first 10 that vouches for it gets it as very close to dealer cost!!

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Make the battery box about a inch higher than stock so the caliper doesnt hit.You will sell lots of those.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

already thought of that, plus it will use the ytx-9 battery. Tell all the yfz owners about this thread, I really don't want 15 of these on my shelf!

Hey Leric, got one with your name on it!! :deal:

TheJaspMan

#4 Post by TheJaspMan »

Doug, I think my brother in law will take one.

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

Done Deal!! Just hung the phone up, Jeff is tearing his apart today and getting started on it. First one will be done within 2 weeks for me to look at, and then it's full speed ahead.

TheJaspMan

#6 Post by TheJaspMan »

Excellent! Any estimated price? I can possibly get a confirmation on at least one order today.

Holeshot36

#7 Post by Holeshot36 »

Good idea on the battery box. I'm very interested in one, always need more aftermarket parts biggrin.gif

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

right now the only price I can get is "cheaper than walsh" which should be no problem as they are priced pretty high.