250r conversion kits

TheJaspMan

#11 Post by TheJaspMan »

Just PayPaled you a deposit. Let me know when you need the rest (if I don't send it before).

Besides the plastic and seat. Is there anything else I am gonna need to have on hand to make the change? Or anything I can start doing in advance to get ready for it? Carrie's points season starts Nov 13th. So if I make the change during the season it will have to be nice and seamless.

She is VERY disappointed that she couldn't get it in pink or at least white. :cry:

JST

#12 Post by JST »

250R rear grab bar.High pressure fuel line.Small hose clamps for the fuel line.Teflon tape.4 bolts and nuts to replace the subframe bolts.Seat latch.The conversion is fairly easy and makes for a unbelivable difference in corner speed.imo

haydug

#13 Post by haydug »

I use the factory subframe bolts. If you want to move the fuel pump, you need 4ft of high pressure fuel line and high pressure clamps (napa). You will also need to make your harness for the fuel pump, again I used a tail light harness, but had to bend the female connectors to make them smaller (no problems yet). Other than that, you should be OK. I know the walsh kit used the 90* fittings out of the tank, but I am setting these up for the straight fittings, so be sure to have 2 straight fittings.

I reccomend the 88-89 seat. Let me know if you can't find one, and I can get you a deal on a new one from Honda.
Also, are you interested in the plastic off of my bike? I'm going to change mine to blue and want both bikes to match.

TheJaspMan

#14 Post by TheJaspMan »

I tried to call, but you are closed today. :cry:

Can you by the 4' of high pressure line and clamps pre made? Or do you need two 2' lines?

Does the tail light only provide power? Or do you also need a control wire?

I think I have a seat, but I am not sure what year. How much for a new one?

How much for the plastic? It's not pink, white or black. But it might be OK for a backup for her. :deal:

hollywood43

#15 Post by hollywood43 »

Haydug --

Any word on the tanks? Is the plan to get the extra 1/2 gallon of gas into this new design? Do you believe that will get me 2 hours of race time? If so, please let me know because I want the kit. Also, please post down payment information. Thank you.

moto440man

#16 Post by moto440man »

I am interested in one also smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

USAMoto00

#17 Post by USAMoto00 »

Hey guys, just a tip. I mis-matched '02 and '03 fuel lines to get the right lengths for this set-up. I didn't cut anything. The fuel pump and regulator do not NEED to be moved unless you want too. The trick I used for bolts was: loosen the frame mount bolts and tap with a rubber mallet. Once you break them loose, just reverse them.(upper only) Also, the fuel fittings on mine were preference. I could use either the 90's or straight fittings to make the kit work.:usa I use th 88-89 seat myself, I like the extra cushion.

sillysspeed

#18 Post by sillysspeed »

yikes!!! fullbore plastic front and rear is $538!!!!

cdrookie

#19 Post by cdrookie »

Originally posted by sillysspeed
yikes!!!   fullbore plastic front and rear is $538!!!!

:wow thats cheap! its like near 700 for the dales!

cdrookie

#20 Post by cdrookie »

sent my deposit