Falicon Update

Jaybr

Falicon Update

#1 Post by Jaybr »

I've seen a couple post lately asking about the Falicon Cranks, so I thought I'd give an update. I haven't been online much lately, that's the only reason I haven't posted this earlier, not trying to hide anything.

While assembling a motor in the shop with a Falicon crank/ JE piston combo, Haydug and his guys did some measuring and the piston was not coming up quite as far as it should. They determined that the crank was the issue and not the piston.

Crank was sent back to Falicon and upon inspection it was determined that the piston was coming up .042" short on top. Now the real issue was that this crank was identical to the rest of them. Upon tracing the problem down, there was aparently a mis-calculation somewhere causing the problem, the stroke was correct, just .042" too far down in the cylinder. Based on our calculations this problem lowered compression to 10.5 - 11:1 depending on piston.

Falicon determined that they needed a longer rod on the cranks to correct this and they are replacing all rods free of charge. This also delayed the second batch of cranks a bit because they have to make new rods for all them as well.

Haydug and I had these cranks in both our motors (Haydug is still running his) and they performed great even with the lowered compression. I can't wait to see what it runs like with the new rod and higher compression.

The good news here is that after shipping 13 cranks, and then realizing there was a problem, Falicon is standing behind their product 100%.

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

The eta on the new cranks?

I know I gotta be the devils advocate!:eek:

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by Derno24
The eta on the new cranks?

Same question here. Been trying to get ahold of Haydug for a couple weeks online and a couple phone calls for info. I'm liking what I'm hearing though.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

ETA on the first batch should be by the end of Jan. I have been bugging Ken@Falicon now for a few weeks. He is probably getting tire of hearing from me. The next batch will be sometime in Feb., I would say towards the end of the month, because of the dealer show.

******: You aren't the only one who wants to see these finished!!
:hammer:

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

I need to clarify a little on batches, what I was calling batch 1 and 2 was the original order I placed consisting of 30 total cranks, and all of those are done waiting on rods. I expect them around the end of the month.

What Doug is calling batch 2 is the second order he placed.

Psychosis

#6 Post by Psychosis »

Any of them left for ordering or are they all gone?

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

I may have a couple left, give me a couple of weeks, and send me a pm.

CannondaleRider

#8 Post by CannondaleRider »

I know i'll be talking to you guys tomorrow, but other people might be curious.

Whats the latest news on the rods?

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

Last I talked to them they where almost done.

I have a custom piston in my motor now with the Falicon, so you'll see it run this weekend:)

CannondaleRider

#10 Post by CannondaleRider »

I cant wait