Cannondaleriders.com 6-hour & 12-hour team race bike!

LapTraffic

#21 Post by LapTraffic »

Is laptraffic flying to all these races?

Tried to get airfare for Georgia for next week but it's looking like over $1200 round trip :wow

Talking with Jay about Doing Ohio 6 hour and PA 6 hour and then the 12 hour.

He!! yes Im flying out smile.gif

Doug, Ive got a minor contact at Trailtech here in Washington, are we hooked up for lighting or do we need more?

Jaybr

#22 Post by Jaybr »

I've got a monster light for the front end.

If anything, we could use a set of the small Trailtech HID floods to mount at the bars.

Unless you guys want to wear helmet lights:confused:

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

This is great!I think I might have to check out this race for sure.Pitcrew.This one we have to finish even if it means swapping motors.Regret not doing a swap at 12 hour.

LapTraffic

#24 Post by LapTraffic »

the stator run both sets?

Those helmet lights look like a decent option, you dont like them? Ive never used them before so have no opinion

Jaybr

#25 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by LapTraffic
the stator run both sets?

Those helmet lights look like a decent option, you dont like them?  Ive never used them before so have no opinion

The big light I have is a Hella Rallye 2100 HID, it is huge and puts out tons of light. Being HID it only draws 35w.

The Trailtech mini HID's draw 35w per pair, so with all 3 lights we're only sitting at stock wattage.

The Helmet lights are great becuase you see where you look. The downside is you either have to run a tether to the quad for power (which means extra time switching riders and cords to worry about) or run off battery packs which are expensive and we'd need at least 2 sets.

Derno24

#26 Post by Derno24 »

I've used the HID helmet lights and man I must say they are sweet. One trick if you go with the batteries is to strap the battery packs to a chest protector and just switch the chest protectorevery other rider. You will still need 2 packs cause the smaller pack only lasts for 1hr 20 mins. I know they make a bigger battery packs so that might be another option. Yeah they are expensive too! If you need more info just ask.

250rmike

#27 Post by 250rmike »

when and where are the races. are they gonna have one at rausch again this year. ill definatly stop up and lend a hand if its needed. if you guys need any help with anything just let me know

cannibalq8

#28 Post by cannibalq8 »

Hey Doug

You have my disassembled engine ... u can get any undamaged parts from it.

Derno24

#29 Post by Derno24 »

The 6hr at Rausch has already passed, but the 12hr is there the weekend of haloween.