5th Annual Fall Group Ride @ Majestic Trails

cannondale27

#61 Post by cannondale27 »

LOL.You guys are all sure making me jealous.Sure wish I could make it.Have a great time and stay safe.Take some pics also!

Speed 1B

#62 Post by Speed 1B »

I am planning on being there sometime late friday afternoon...**** thursday night shift.

Its not gonna be the same without ya steve. I really look forward to chatting with you...and you are going to miss getting to try out the drag bike.

Blasterboy11

#63 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Steve you cant make it? Thats a bummer...

jesshamner

#64 Post by jesshamner »

Wow that sucks Steve.

I can't believe MX Quad Dad went a week early. I tried to warn him. I guess he didn't check this thread before he left.

Speed 1B

#65 Post by Speed 1B »

How come you arent coming Pete?

Did Wistech decide if hes coming yet or not?

kdeal

#66 Post by kdeal »

Well I made it thru the day! Me and my brother made a stop at Orange Custom Cycles outside of Gainesville and met up with a great group of guys! They bought us lunch and we BS'd for a little while. We then made it up to Brad77's house in GA for a fresh motor install and some more great hospitality by Brad's family. We got Brad running and will spend the night in his cool workshop/guest house. 100' x 140' of pure joy to work in! He has a guest area with a hugh table for everyone to eat together. We will be off again early tomorrow for the dyno in Steel City. We will check these on the dyno for perfect riding at Majestic. 700 miles tomorrow! I am still tired from the 600 miles today!
blink.gif

Blasterboy11

#67 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Wow, thats a lot of driving, ive been going back and forth to my house from school, its about 1100-1200 miles a weekend, its about 3 hrs to majestic from my apartment, not too bad, have fun driving, ill see you guys soon.

MX Quad Dad

#68 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I don't know why I thought the ride was last weekend. When they called off work for that weekend, I just wanted to go so bad I gues I couldn't take the time to double check the date. I have had a lot of bad luck this year which was part of why I missed the spring ride.
Work hasn't been good this year and it seems that when you ask for a day off, it seems like you are the first one sitting home on the slow days. so I wasn't going to ask for the weekend off, So when they came and told me the weekend was canceled. the only thing I was thinking about was loading up and heading east.

I'm kinda glad I didn't check the date, because I have been told I'm working this weekend and if I knew the ride was this weekend I probubly wouldn't have gone. So my son and I had a great time even though we got a little wet. as expected the folks there were great and Trail Girl (at least I think it was her) came over and checked up on us a couple times.

We did have some problems with to Moto. the status lights started blinking. It didn't seem any hotter than the Speed. We decided to let it cool down for a few minuits. While waiting he checked th oil and it was milkey. we took it easy and headed back to the truck. My son said the throttle was hard to push and we checked it aginst the Speed and it was way harder. Instead of packing up and heading home we changed the oil. the magnet in the crankcase drain had some black gunk on it. no heavy metal but it had to be magnetic. After we drained the oil I flushed as much of the milkey crap out that I could with some brake cleaner. We took it for a short run and checked it and it was clean. took it out for a couple hours and still ok.

To be honest,I don't think I have been that muddy since I was a teenager. the first ride was the worst but after a while most of the trails were good, just the surprise water holes that sneek up on you after the little jumps. My son lead the way so unless he cleared the water hole, there was less water in it when I hit it.

We actually saw some wildlife this time even though both our Quads are quite loud. Porkypine (sp?) was kind of funny it was sitting in the middle of the trail and rotated to keep its back twords my son then swung back around to keep it bac twords me. also saw two deer and a bear. oh yeah and a snake who was going the wrong way on the trail (lol).

Would have rather gone on the right weekend to vist with all of you. But I did have a good time

Also after we changed the oil and everything cooled down the throtle was easier???????????

cannondale27

#69 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds like you sucked some water in which would make throttle sticky.Might have took a little life out of it but it happens to us all especially when its hard to resist trying to time the water holes with quad in front of you.I can remember doing that alot when wet.Its a blast trying to get through before water goes back in.Man you got me really missing riding there now!

Blasterboy11

#70 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Ahh, its a bummer i cant ride with you guys this year, i had fun last year.