5th Annual Fall Group Ride @ Majestic Trails

cdaledave89

#91 Post by cdaledave89 »

Man.......I got boned. (Or maybe I should say that I boned myself.)

I've been working a lot these past couple of weeks and never spent any time prepping the quad or preparing for the ride. I started at 9 PM on Friday night and soon discovered that my quad wouldn't start. I think I've narrowed down to (maybe) just the battery, but I was so deflated.... mad.gif

Looks like you guys had a great time, though. For the next ride, I won't wait until the night before to start prepping everything.

-Dave

jesshamner

#92 Post by jesshamner »

You should have just brought it to the ride. We could have helped.

Haz-Matt

#93 Post by Haz-Matt »

Had a great time nice to see everyone again and to meet some new dalers.

E440fan

#94 Post by E440fan »

QUOTE (Haz-Matt @ Sep 16 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had a great time nice to see everyone again and to meet some new dalers.

How about some pictures for some of us guys on the west coast (the land of fruits and nuts).

wistech

#95 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (dunnbandit1 @ Sep 15 2008, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wish i could have stayed all weekend. 1day went by to fast
nice seeing everyone again

I must say you did a great job on the bike. In those conditions I thought for sure you would go down a lot. Thanks for helping peel Mikes quad off the tree.

kdeal

#96 Post by kdeal »

FINALLY HOME at 5:00pm today! What a trip! Guys, we really need to have more people show up for more than a day! I am going to try and be more prepared next year with a toy hauler with a generator. That way we can get some power to those in need. I bought the generator while I was up there (Onan) and now I have to find the perfect trailer to go! It will also have an outside shower for those in need as well. I think we should make this 3 full days next year and everybody should plan for it.

Blasterboy: Yes it was the injector harness where it meets the #2 & #7 cylinders. It seems there is too much tension on the harness on those two injectors and the connector gets stretched out and corrodes. The fix is to cut off ther plugs and replace them with 90 degree versions. The dealer cleaned them up and we were off since they did not have the parts. We will have them replaced under warranty down here. GM is aware of the problem, but no recall, just free replacement when they go bad.

Neil, we spoke enough, I would have rather that you rode! The nighttime is for BSing. Not many stayed due to the rain at night though. Tell Brian it was fun as usual.

tongue.gif

jesshamner

#97 Post by jesshamner »

I have always planned on staying for 3 days. I thought that was the point. I can't get enough riding in with only one day and I sure as he11 can't get riding and talking done in one day.

kdeal

#98 Post by kdeal »

laugh.gif

wistech

#99 Post by wistech »

I would have liked to have camped out for a couple days there but I hadn't planned on going at all. Coming to get the Moto for a backup quad on next weeks dune trip was a good reason to show up at the last minute. Anybody have Brad's cell number. He said he was coming back this way and I have some gas money for him.

cannondale27

#100 Post by cannondale27 »

I am always skirting my last days of vacation and fall is really busy. I would like to see a summer ride there instead.