THE RACE

dalewannbe

#11 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (Guy310 @ Oct 10 2006, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will be there bright and early Saturday morning to sign up and walk the course. Thanks again for the help.

Get there real early if you want to walk the entire course, kinda joking here, the course is about 15-18 miles long. It spans several different farmers land. The long straight aways come from flying across soybean or corn fields to get from one spot to another. We actually cross a couple gravel roads too.

Its a unique course, which is why 27 is making the venture down again.

I think people were doing 3 laps last year, maybe it was 4, I'm not positive---> I didn't make it that far.

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

Can you fill me in on the cost of the event. Im might be having some issues both money and time. Although I would rather race the quad then run in a local marathon I promised to do.

Guy310

#13 Post by Guy310 »

You probably have to stop once for fuel I would imagine? Do you travel past your pit each lap or what?

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

No no fuel stops.I asked a bunch of people and they were all like maybe not sure yet.Buggers!None stopped.YFZ's made it so on Dale it wont be a issue at all.

Guy310

#15 Post by Guy310 »

Man, I don't know. An hour and 45 mins.? It seems like I use more fuel now that I put a crank in the quad. Is there a sight lap before the race, and will they let you top off fuel after that sight lap?

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

No sight lap.Dalewannabe will talk us through whole course.Its not hard unless its muddy.If muddy it would be tough.He does put some obstacles out there.Like last year first woods we went in they had a buch of logs stacked in a Pyramid but there was a trail around that was faster.Of course like idiot I had to try the logs!Almost made it.There is a couple cow things but those arent a issue.See that pic with YFZ by bridge?Stay tight to bridge big drop off in water a foot away.Biggest issue I thought would be some gullies.If muddy they would be tough.As usual dont follow idiot in front of you since there may be a better way.Passed a bunch of guys sidehilling out of one gully since they all tried just going straight out where it was all rutted one got stuck and rest just sat there.You are gonna love the fields!WFO for a looong time!Guy you have a stroker?Either way I know you wouldnt need to stop.Otherwise just put a gas can to side by MX track someone will help you fill.

wanablaze

#17 Post by wanablaze »

I plan on being there, agian. The moto is too wide and low to run and needs some suspension work. The blaster needs some seals to get going again. Thus, looks like I'm going to be the photographer again. Guy, there are places to pull off, where you could leave a gas can under a tree and fill up or I could top her off for ya as you come by.

wanablaze

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool!Best photographer around.You sure got some awesome shots last year.

Guy310

#19 Post by Guy310 »

If you took the pics from this thread at last years race, they are awesome pics. I like the water shots. Thanks also for the offers of help for fuel. I will put a can out just in case, but I am sure steve is right about not needing any.

dalewannbe

#20 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (wistech @ Oct 10 2006, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you fill me in on the cost of the event. Im might be having some issues both money and time. Although I would rather race the quad then run in a local marathon I promised to do.

The race itself is $40, plus $10 to get into the gates. You shouldn't need a membership to race, you get one free race. So figure $50 for racing. Then your other expenses.

You shouldn't need gas Guy.

I talked with RX440 yesterday, and they are still up in the air on the event.