Fall Dynoday/Ride

mydreamride

#11 Post by mydreamride »

My dad, Brother, and I will be in dunbar by either late tonight or tommorow morning. Also have two others coming up with us to ride.

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

Im at Mikes now and wanablazes just pulled 57 and climbing. My 467 ran 55 on the head. Animals is up next for the showdown 467.

dalewannbe

#13 Post by dalewannbe »

57 for wanablaze, that's awesome. Bring that monster to the race!

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Was a great weekend.Found some power at dyno that we didnt know about.Wannablaze got 58hp I believe.Highest ever in WI.I think he might be the new dynoqueen!We were on dyno from 12noon till about midnight!It was fun for me being able to run the Dyno.Pretty much have the process down pat so that will save us some $ in future.Got to really thank MIKES CYCLE and Chris a owner for sticking around and letting us run the dyno.$350 for 12hrs is a awesome deal.
Didnt make it to Cabin till around 2:00 am but slept good and headed out by 10:00am.Did alot of riding and didnt make it back till well after dark.A 400ex and V-force rifing with us both ran out of gas.Wistech spun a flywheel and fragged the magnets.He replaced flywheel but damage to case ended his day.I towed him for about a hour to get to a parking lot.Was starting to get dark and some of us didnt have headlights so it was WFO once again.Bit later mine wouldnt idle.Had a weak battery so I thought that was going causing issue.A little after that it locked up.Looks like a dropped valve.Sent rest of group on thier way and hitched a ride on a tractor and a car to get back.Had a blast anyway and still think these are some of the fastest trails anywhere.

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

Oh ya just got home. First off I have to say that that was some of the most fun riding Ive done in a long time. C27 did an absolute fantastic job on the SAS shocks. By far the3 best riding quad Ive ever riden on . The rocks and whoops were soaked up with almost zero transmision to the quad. It felt stable even at the extreme speeds we were hitting on the long stretches. Gearing was perfect . My speeds speedo only registered 75 before it blanks out but thats about halfway through 4th gear. This winter should be a thrill. smile.gif

Yes I kind of knew I was due a flywheel failure so I had an extra one on the quad to change on the trail and sure enough the big dog ripped it to shreds. The magnets hit stator and balled up into a mess . It must have put a ton of stress on the stator because I kept it at full power for about 10 seconds untill it was done eating the parts up. It still ran great and after changing the flywheel at the next stop it was just a matter of time before the stator mounts let go. Looks like new flywheels will be top priority for this weeks projects and I know where the first one is going. LOL
Tim. Steve's brother had a wierd problem with his ds650. Aparently a small piece of silicone got into his carb and plugged up the main jet. It had us baffled for a few minutes until we remembered how carbs worked and got it back running . That thing is a awsome beast.

Other than Animal driving the squad car through the ditch and just missing a truck on our way to dinner that was about the only other eventful thing that happened. LOL Ah good times.

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 22 2006, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found some power at dyno that we didnt know about.

We all knew about it . You just didnt want to admit it. LOL

mydreamride

#16 Post by mydreamride »

Also had fun even though I got stuck towing a Vforce 700 to the gas station in goodman because he ran out of gas which caused my quad to start a knocking noise somewhere by the clutch.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Also had fun even though I got stuck towing a Vforce 700 to the gas station in goodman because he ran out of gas which caused my quad to start a knocking noise somewhere by the clutch.

That stinks.Cannondales always make that stretch.I just thought other slower quads wouldnt have a problem.Tell them guys to carry gas next time.Did you guys ride today also?

mydreamride

#18 Post by mydreamride »

No we didn't want to take a chance because mine started knocking yesterday.

Guy310

#19 Post by Guy310 »

Were you guys able to ride for 2 hours straight without getting gas?

wanablaze

#20 Post by wanablaze »

Looks like we could of gotten 120miles in per a tank of gas. It would have been close.