Ironman GNCC

DMAC10

#1 Post by DMAC10 »

Is anyone going to the last GNCC ( The Ironman)

I'm trying to get my schedule freed up and was wondering if there were going to be any other cannondales there?

Anyone have experience for the race, set-up tips would be nice.Mapping, Tires, ( MUD???) I've got the suspension dialed in so any other tips would be appreceated.

Gas??, will 1 tank make 3- 4 laps or should I pit( if I make it that long)LOL

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

If its wet, you'll need some good grip. It gets pretty nasty. And the hills get slick.

DMAC10

#3 Post by DMAC10 »

No one besides Jess has any input on the GNCC Ironman????????????????????????

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Run the GNCC tires unless its really muddy. You probably can't go wrong with those up there. There are going to be some rutted sections, hill climbs, and an all out open field section. I kept talking about this website the whole way to PA so it should sound familiar. Popo has some detailed info on the entire race. Check out this link.
http://www.quadzoneforums.com/forums/showt...ht=Ironman+GNCC

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

If you see a large crowd suspect something is up.Their instructions may also not have your best interests in mind.With all the rain recently I would definitly run the bigger tires.Not sure if this year is going up the big hill or down but its a hill that you cross a small creek right before it.Lots of people will be watching there.Best line is to go stright up till about 1/2 way then cut to the right.It doesnt look like it would be easier since its a little steeper but left side will have a big hole in it which causes front end to go up and thats not good.Take it in 2nd or 3rd.

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

1 tank of gas should do you fine.

DMAC10

#7 Post by DMAC10 »

Alright, now that what I needed, Quad is prepped and ready to go, now the only question is this old timer ready ( LOL )

So it seems that I need to switch to the 22" rear Razor2 instead of the 20" GNCC, due to ruts and mud??

One last to do item before leaving tomorrow.

Thanks
for the input guys, and wish me luck. rolleyes.gif

1st race in 2 years and 2nd time riding for more than 15 minutes in 2 years. So seems like all preperations is done now lets go get muddy. cool.gif

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Good luck DMAC. I wish I was going.