MY Dyno King proposal...

Sandstorm

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

I would like to race some of the very fast YFZ's here in Utah on Easter.. The fast YFZ's here all run Ron Woods pipes for hillshooters.. Does anybody from the R&D group want to send me a motor so I can drop it in my frame and race the proper class.. I will ensure the best set-up for hillshooting w/ the triple buff tires, aluminum sprockets, all un-necessary weight stripped off the quad, narrowed moto axle. You can even send me the map to put in the motor.. You choose the displacement. I do not take responsibility for blowing up a motor as the "Face" is the part they race on and it's brutally long and steep... After the weekend you get the motor back.... Oh and KBR will be there w/ the mobile dyno and I can get it on the dyno at the dunes in front of alot of heavy hitters.. There will be a number of engine builders from around the west on that weekend..

J. Delaney

#2 Post by J. Delaney »

Wow! That sounds like good fun!! Sure hope you get some takers on that one. Oh, don't forget to take lots and lots of video while your at it.

wanablaze

#3 Post by wanablaze »

I don't understand. What is wrong with yours? Didn't DAB just finish it? Are you not happy with it? I hope you're not having problems with it already.

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

Mine doesn't have a bored TB or have a custom map.. I don't have the money or know how to R&D the stuff like these guys do. A Falicon crank revs slower because it is heavier then a stock crank. DAB does great work the two Suzys are proof of that, but those Suzys come w/ a host of other things to make them run strong. I don't have the other things to make my quad as strong.. Yes I can get them,, but the Dale has cost me alot of money already and the tree is running out of dollar bills... The more I ride the DAB Racing Yoshi 450 the more I wish I had one.. It is jaw dropping fast and about 15% faster then when the guys rode/raced against it in Idaho last year..

wanablaze

#5 Post by wanablaze »

I know how you feel about not wanting to spend any more money on the dale. Hopefully things will look up, just save up this winter for the supporting mods.

I'll bet you could just buy Tim a plane ticket out there, then you wouldn't have to worry about doing a motor swap. Just have him ship the quad, lol.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

We will all get there soon enough Henry.Just race the Yosh or yours and when we come there can run same hill and do a comparo that way.There are some Falicons putting out over 50hp and accelerating real fast.Boring throttlebody and boot is no big deal $ wise.Have you guys dynoed the Yosh?

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

I think you should have DAB finish the porting for the big TB which your engine desparatly needs and dump that pile of crap airbox,get and fmf ti pipe on it ,have Black widow dyno tune it and kick some arse. If my engines are coming out that way I will be piloting them.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats true too.Not saying the big power motors are unreliable but I sure want to enjoy every moment mine is running myself biggrin.gif
I read in Dirt Rider that the Pros 4st bike motors are only lasting 3 hrs on average!Thats insane but it sure is addicting.

Sandstorm

#9 Post by Sandstorm »

I need the Boomers air filter no doubt.. I need a custom map also.. I need a wrench to put together my motor as I don't know or even trust myself to do so. I don't know how to build a map. I can learn all these things but at what expense?? I've seen to many people build their own motors only to fug them up.. I was already a guinny pig once... Anyway no big deal.. Not sure what the Yoshi dyno's at.. Buddah won't dyno it again.. He doesn't care what hp it reads he's more concerned about how it performs in the real world..