Little Sahara Oklahoma

T-Rex

#1 Post by T-Rex »

I will be there with my Cannondale and YFZ450 Memorial Weekend. May 26, 27,28th...

svahle

#2 Post by svahle »

I am actually leaving tonight to go to LS, Ok and will be there through about noon on Saturday. I will be on my 02 Moto and a 416ex.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

So much fun out there. Have fun!

svahle

#4 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ May 16 2007, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So much fun out there. Have fun!

Yes it is a ton of fun. This will be my first trip with the Dale. I simply can't wait to rip it up. Maybe I'll even get the chance to smoke a few of the "other" 450s.

383astro

#5 Post by 383astro »

I wont be going because of a family reunion. mad.gif You guys have a blast

svahle

#6 Post by svahle »

WOOOOOHOOOOO! I got back from Little Sahara, OK, on Saturday. Was my first trip with the Moto. It was by far the most fun quad I have ever riden in the dunes. In my group was a worked 450r, worked YFZ, and LTR with a cherry bomb. I took both the 450r and the YFZ. The LTR got me by about a bike length, but my clutch was slipping. Luckily, the shop at the dunes had a clutch pack which I put in Thursday night (finished around midnight). We didn't do any more drags so I don't know how I would have done against the LTR with a fresh clutch.

Other than the clutch the Dale got along great. I did experience a few instances where the Dale would die, but immediately restart and run great. This happened maybe 4 times over two hard days of riding. I'll do a search but right know I'm thinking it may be the run/stop switch, battery cable connection, or loose ground.

Just wanted to give a little feedback on how well the Dale ran. Oh yeah, these Ohlins rock. I'm not a huge jumper but I did fly 40-50 feet several times. I even landed a little out of shape a few times and the Ohlins soaked everything up very nicely. The whoops were actually fun.

Later.

cobradaler

#7 Post by cobradaler »

QUOTE (svahle @ May 21 2007, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOOOOOHOOOOO! I got back from Little Sahara, OK, on Saturday. Was my first trip with the Moto. It was by far the most fun quad I have ever riden in the dunes. In my group was a worked 450r, worked YFZ, and LTR with a cherry bomb. I took both the 450r and the YFZ. The LTR got me by about a bike length, but my clutch was slipping. Luckily, the shop at the dunes had a clutch pack which I put in Thursday night (finished around midnight). We didn't do any more drags so I don't know how I would have done against the LTR with a fresh clutch.

Other than the clutch the Dale got along great. I did experience a few instances where the Dale would die, but immediately restart and run great. This happened maybe 4 times over two hard days of riding. I'll do a search but right know I'm thinking it may be the run/stop switch, battery cable connection, or loose ground.

Just wanted to give a little feedback on how well the Dale ran. Oh yeah, these Ohlins rock. I'm not a huge jumper but I did fly 40-50 feet several times. I even landed a little out of shape a few times and the Ohlins soaked everything up very nicely. The whoops were actually fun.

Later.

waynoka is a blast next time u go let me know i live about 2 hours away from there and we go all the time.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Ah man, you pay the full $200 for that pack or did they cut the price a little?

svahle

#9 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ May 21 2007, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah man, you pay the full $200 for that pack or did they cut the price a little?

Yep, I paid full price ($229.00). But, when you travel 6 hours to ride I suppose its worth it. On a positive note, I had never changed a clutch before in anything. I atleast learned how to change the clutch on my Dale. Learning how to work on these things is surely worth something.