WPSA- Petersburg

NRath

#1 Post by NRath »

I just found that there's a WPSA national this weekend at VA Motorsports Park. I'll be spectating with the young 'uns.

I'm guessing USAMoto will be there- you going to have Farrar along, too? What's your truck and trailer look like? Michelle on the Suzuki?

Any other members going to be there?

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

Wow! No takers.

Good enough, we're going to the beach then!

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

Alright, I couldn't handle it... All those racers just minutes from the house. So, just before lunch today, I checked the WPSA site for a weekend schedule. They finally posted one and it included 2 Pro ATV heat races starting at 12:00 today. So I grabbed my lunch and hit the road. I pulled up to the track, had fantastic parking, and rolled in with about 5 minutes to spare on the pro races!! NOt to mention, it only cost $5 to get in! Wimmer won the first heat, Natalie the second. They both dominated. I was up in the stands talking to Natalie's parents- pretty cool. 2 races and it was back to work I went- all in about an hour and half.

Checking the schedule, the pros raced again at 4:00. So I got off work a little early, went and picked up the kids, and back to the track we went! Made it in time for the 2nd set of pro races, can't remember who won the first, but Wienen beat Natalie in the second. Gust and Josh Creamer were battling hard the whole race and Creamer's Dad was in the stands next to me this time. We stayed to watch all the other classes practice- none of them race till tomorrow.

The quad terrain race was pretty cool. Utilities racing over man made obstacles like log crossings, mud pits, and rock gardens. Borich, Bithell, and Rath were racing in those. Neither Borich or Rath won in the their heats! Rath had a good lead and died in the mud. Borich had the lead and got out of control on a log crossing and ended up second. Man that's some gnarly racing!!

I spotted USAMoto and his girl and talked to them for a minute. He's a good guy and I was glad to say hi.

Since it was a Friday, there were hardly any people there. It was awesome! Turned into a great day of racing considering I had no plans on going in the first place. As we were standing around the truck getting a drink, Borich and Chris Bithell cruised by on a mtn bike. Later, I stopped and said hi to Jeremiah Jones in the Suzuki camp and told him I was glad to see he was still in the sport and hated to hear of his accident. He was pretty cool. He and the wrench were working on a clutch and were looking at me like who are you spying for? I looked real guilty with my 7 & 10 yr old kids there, didn't I? LOL! We chatted for a second and away I went.

My only regret- since I didn't plan on going, I didn't have a camera!! I took a couple with the phone, but you know what those are worth. The trip to the track would never have been as good tomorrow and Sunday once the crowd shows up. So, it was a great day and the kids had fun.