NEATV 30+ Class Debut

2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

Well, this past weekend was my debut in racing the 30+ class.

It was the first MX race I have run in well over a year and the bike worked flawlessly...the rider just was not up to the task. Needless to say I need to work on conditioning and my holeshots. The holeshot was VERY short and into a hard left turn/tabletop. Not much room to really unwind the bike. The start in Moto #1 I wheelied all the way to the first turn and was in 4th. Followed the lead pack for 2+ laps before I stalled in a corner and my arms would no longer hold out. I still had enough of a lead on the rest of the pack and ended up 6th out of 16. Moto 2 was about the same until I stalled again...this time twice in the race and most of the pack passed me. PULL IN THE CLUTCH IN THE CORNERS!!!! Again the old arm pump kicked in and I ended up finishing 10th in moto #2. Pretty sure I finished 8th overall for the weekend. Good thing the next race I can make is 3 weeks away and it has a nice long holeshot. I should no question be in better shape and be able to put the Cannondale out front. I was reeling in bike after bike in the straights with the 467. I even pulled a guy who has a 530 450R. Here are a few action pics.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Awesome pics & good race report. Let us know how you progress!