6 Hours of America Thunder Ridge NY

2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

After last years horrible showing at the 6hr of America in NH, I will be back on a specifically built XC bike for revenge.

Last year I slapped together a bike the week before by stripping down 2 dales to the frame and building one with the best parts. Good idea in theory, but as you guys know that is a LOT of work to cram into 5 days...while working full time. Without even time to test ride the bike I needed to leave. Well it made 2 laps before the sleeve cracked and our day was done. The bleed hose out of the top of the impeller cover came loose and pumped all the coolant out of the bike.

From the sounds of it, the course is a good one and there will hopefully be a few more Dales there....DERNO?

I am running in the B class with a YFZ, LTR, and the Dale. They are running MX width, but I am sticking with an xc setup.

Here is my weapon of choice smile.gif
[attachment=4351:xc1.jpg]

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

nice...and good luck!!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

And a weapon it is.Awesome! I think Derno is running that race also.Anyone know if there is going to be coverage of it?

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Yup we are gonna try the old 6/12hr machine for this race. At least that is the plan. I have some general maintenance on it to do. Otherwise we are ready to go. I think we are even gonna try running just the dale for all 6hrs. We are racing the +30 class. Should be interesting. As for coverage I know we will have pics and such on Thequadbuilder.com after the race.

2000ex

#5 Post by 2000ex »

Cool, look forward to seeing ya there. I need a sneek peek of that flywheel if it comes in time smile.gif

I wish I had another group of 30+ guys, but all I have is 20yo young guns.

The kind who need to constantly be reminded slow and steady, it is not a 15min MX race.

wayneschofield

#6 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Aug 7 2007, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup we are gonna try the old 6/12hr machine for this race. At least that is the plan. I have some general maintenance on it to do. Otherwise we are ready to go. I think we are even gonna try running just the dale for all 6hrs. We are racing the +30 class. Should be interesting. As for coverage I know we will have pics and such on Thequadbuilder.com after the race.

Good luck mister.

Try not to bin it, we need a good long test on that flywheel.....

Let us know how you got on....

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Wayne,

Derno and this site have a good long history of running Cannondales at 6 & 12 hour events. In the early days we missed winning in just the last few laps. More recently we have finished all the events and placed well. He will be running with some very fast guys and I'll bet they do well barring anything unforseen. It looks like we will have at least two bikes in this weeks race. I wish I could be there to root you guys on. I will attend one of these one of these days.

Good Luck Guys!

2000ex

#8 Post by 2000ex »

I may need to sneek over to the pits and steal it out of his bike before the race starts ph34r.gif tongue.gif

2000ex

#9 Post by 2000ex »

I am off to NY.

I decided to stick with a MX width and installed my Houser +3's and my Fox Evols. Should be an awesome time, I am sure Derno and I will be posting reports when we return!

WAR CANNONDALE! mad.gif

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Good Luck guys!