Majestic Group Ride in the Fall

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

I am looking to finalize the date for the group ride in the fall at Majestic Trails. I originally wanted to do this on Labor Day weekend, but several members who attend these rides regularly cannot do this weekend due to family commitments. So I want to hear suggestions, so that members who have to ask off in advance at work can finalize plans to attend. Last year's ride was the best yet and I think we can make this year's ride even better. I am not going to do a poll, as this leads to false results due to people voting that will never attend the event. So, please post your desired date or PM me with what you would like to do. I will base the date on the desires of the people who usually show up at these events regularly. I am not going to mention names but you know who you are. Like I said before, I travel 1500 miles one way to go to this event each year, so no excuses from those of you that have a lesser distance or a lame excuse! LOL.

My thoughts are to do this on the weekend of September 13th - 14th. The reason is that most of the guys I have spoke with already, can make this date and it is a few weeks earlier than previous years to help avoid any inclimate weather.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Ken

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

I can't make it. The 15th is my mom's birthday. biggrin.gif

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

I'm skeered!!!

Skeered of commitment, that is. Skeered = scared for you northern guys, LOL!! I wonder how many Ain't Skeered window/bumper stickers you see up north?!!

I haven't even broke it to the wife that I want to hit somewhere this spring. Things like that are best left till about a week or two before around my house. Without a doubt, I'd like to come. Maybe I can get the kids in tow this time.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

You have to go again Nrath! No ifs ands, or buts. You mark it down on the calendar with a red marker so the whole family knows what you're doing. cool.gif

2mike18

#5 Post by 2mike18 »

has a date been set yet??

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

I'm pretty sure its the weekend of Sept. 13th.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Read the sticky post at the top of the Events/Races Forums. Yes it is the weekend of September 12,13,14. See you there!

tongue.gif

2mike18

#8 Post by 2mike18 »

Thanks and I must have missed the sticky post somehow. Now to see if i can manage to make it.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (darkknight @ Aug 4 2008, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks and I must have missed the sticky post somehow. Now to see if i can manage to make it.

No problems!!!

We should be making replys to the post to keep it active at the top of the forums. You may want to check with some of the others coming from WI to see if you can carpool or possibly a convoy of vehicles. I believe Cannondale27, Wistech, MyDreamRide & dad & possibly Tony (Wistech's buddy) are coming. It's a long drive and company is surely appreciated. We can also hook people up with roommates if needed at the ride or local motels.

2mike18

#10 Post by 2mike18 »

I have a motor at wistech's place waiting for break in and dyno run when I pick it up I'll see what he has going for a plan