i want to race

g9901920

#11 Post by g9901920 »

It looks like you would be ok to race in a beginners class. for MX or XC

BSLEETER

#12 Post by BSLEETER »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Mar 6 2008, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My 400ex always had a small tick. Actually everone I have ever seen ticked a little. Not saying that yours is alright. Checking everything out before you start racing is highly recommended. If you're looking to do xc racing, you're pretty much there in the equipment department.

i've heard a lot of 400exs have that same noise, but when i bought it, the buy have just bored it out, and stripped the valve cover screws putting it back together i guess. it leaks a lot of oil. i'd hate to ride it and break something else in the head

BSLEETER

#13 Post by BSLEETER »

QUOTE (peterock @ Mar 6 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How old are you? can make a difference in what class you can run.

peterock

#14 Post by peterock »

If you raced the UATV at Byron, these are the classes you would have to choose from: (the first one listed is probably your best fit, a lot of people race 2 classes.)

Class #4 ???????? Air-Cooled (Any air cooled quad, 13 year old minimum age limit.) No ???????A??????? riders!

Class #7 ???????? Sport B (Min 198cc. Only modifications allowed from factory configuration: Extended Axle, Rims, Tires, Re-valve factory shocks, Handlebars, Exhaust Header and Silencer, Air-box, Seat foam and cover. Standard Pump fuel only no race fuel or oxygenated fuel allowed.)

Class #8 ???????? Sport C (Min 198cc. Only modifications allowed from factory configuration: Extended Axle, Rims, Tires, Re-valve factory shocks, Handlebars, Exhaust Header and Silencer, Air-box, Seat foam and cover. Standard Pump fuel only no race fuel or oxygenated fuel allowed.)

Class #10 - 16 ???????? 24 B/C. 16-24 years of age, min 198cc/ hybrids allowed, two or four stroke

Class #12 - Production B (Stock frame and engine cases. 450cc limit.)

Class #13 - Production C (Stock frame and engine cases. 450cc limit.)

Class #15 - Open B. Min 198cc/hybrid allowed, two or four stroke.

Class #16 - Open C. Min 198cc/hybrid allowed, two or four stroke.

ronnoc47

#15 Post by ronnoc47 »

Where in Illinois do you live?
I live about 15 mins from Byron, But I never go there.
The best place for Quads is Sunsetridge in Walnut, IL. It about an hour south of me but it is well worth the drive.
It is a great track to start out on, plus it is fun for all riding levels.

peterock

#16 Post by peterock »

ronnoc47, you should look at coming to the opening round of the UATV series as well. Usually some very good competition.

ronnoc47

#17 Post by ronnoc47 »

I went and watched the first year that they held the race at Byron. I was really impressed with how fast the guys from Wisconsin were. I saw Adam Warren there on his ATK/C-dale. He was flyin.
I used to race at Byron all the time in the late 80s throught the 90s. I just got tired of quads being treated like 2nd class citizens.
I might go this year and race. I was going to go last year but I think it was early in the year and was cancelled by weather.

peterock

#18 Post by peterock »

Yeah, the opening round last year was canceled due to weather but we finished up there at the end of the year. This is an all quad event and Aaron usually takes good care of us.