Spring Group Ride @ Speed 2424's

speed2424

#1 Post by speed2424 »

This years ride will be on May 30, 31, & June 1, 2008 (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). It takes place on a 160 acre farm so there is plenty of room. I have a moto cross track that is about 1 mile long and is spread over a 5 acre hillside with about a 100 foot elevation change. The jumps range from 10 feet apart for beginners, to a 40 foot tabletop for more advanced levels. I also have a woods trail that is also about 1 mile long. It is single lane & is very tight for a 50 inch quad in some places. And a favorite among the big motors is the drag strip, which is about 500 feet long. If you want to map quest for directions, the address of the ride is: 2630 Farber St Magnolia, Ohio 44643. I will have Cannondale signs up near the property, to let you know you are close. If you are planning to attend, post here how many are coming with you. ALL ARE WELCOME ( NOT just people that ride Cannondales). See you in May.

gml1998

#2 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (speed2424 @ Apr 16 2008, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This years ride will be on May 30, 31, & June 1, 2008 (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). It takes place on a 160 acre farm so there is plenty of room. I have a moto cross track that is about 1 mile long and is spread over a 5 acre hillside with about a 100 foot elevation change. The jumps range from 10 feet apart for beginners, to a 40 foot tabletop for more advanced levels. I also have a woods trail that is also about 1 mile long. It is single lane & is very tight for a 50 inch quad in some places. And a favorite among the big motors is the drag strip, which is about 500 feet long. If you want to map quest for directions, the address of the ride is: 2630 Farber St Magnolia, Ohio 44643. I will have Cannondale signs up near the property, to let you know you are close. If you are planning to attend, post here how many are coming with you. ALL ARE WELCOME ( NOT just people that ride Cannondales). See you in May.

Shoot I'll be on vacation in Arizona.

MyCannibal

#3 Post by MyCannibal »

Ima seriously try and make this one...

speed2424

#4 Post by speed2424 »

QUOTE (MyCannibal @ Apr 17 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ima seriously try and make this one...

You are only about 2 hours away from me.

MyCannibal

#5 Post by MyCannibal »

Yep...are you the one that has the track you can see from I-71...

speed2424

#6 Post by speed2424 »

QUOTE (MyCannibal @ Apr 17 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep...are you the one that has the track you can see from I-71...

NO, that's not mine.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

I moved this to the event forum as this event is getting closer. Just a little info so far....

This is usually the second biggest gathering of Cannondale riders each year, second only to the ride at Majestic in the fall each year. Kevin puts in a lot of work to make this event a success each year. He works on the track for months before the actual event and it shows by the quality of the track. His track is on a farm where there is ample room to park and camp overnight, and there is a "fresh" porta-john delivered the day before the event. There is also a hotel within 5-10 minutes away for you spoiled people (like myself)! Kevin will have cold drinks available and he usually does some sort of lunch for Saturday afternoon/evening for everyone. We were thinking of a possible pot-luck type dinner if enough people are interested. Kevin would buy some drinks and possibly supply a grill and we could all bring something or pick-up something on the way. What are everyone's thoughts on this?? Or would everyone just want to have like burgers and hot dogs on the grill, pizza, or ?? where everyone just chips in. Any ideas would be very much appreciated....(Please throw a little money in the tip jar on the table to help Kevin with the costs of the food and the porta-john rental, thanks!)

Now on for the fun stuff. Several of you asked about the mobil dyno guy, unfortunately he looks like a no-go this time around. We are looking into other ideas for this so stay tuned. Second, a few of us are actually thinking of heading over to Timbo's & Majestic Trails on the Thursday before the ride for some fun and frolic. I will be leaving very early Thursday morning from Kevin's house to Tim's to meet up with the rest of the gang. We will then make the trip to Majestic from there. We are planning on staying there until dark and then heading back. Friday morning will be a sort of recovery time for the events ahead.

I will be bringing up Hazmatt's new motorcycle he just bought in Georgia and a bunch of other goodies for anyone interested. I will have my usual trinkets and a few more goodies to sit out for a sort of impromptu store. I will have a few sets of plastic for sale, Quad Tech seat, stainless bolt kits, update items, motor mount kits, engine magnets, etc. I will also be bringing up the PC'd red frame, engine cradle & sub frame for those of you that inquired about it a while back. If there is anything you need please PM me with your needs before the event and I will try to put it in the truck for the ride.

This is one of the must do events for Cannondale rider's each year, please try and make this event and help support our community and meet up with the best guys in motorsports.

SEE YOU THERE!
tongue.gif

Speed 1B

#8 Post by Speed 1B »

I'm probably in for the ride at Majestic thursday...but I have to work that weekend so no go on the ride at Speed2424's.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

OK gang 4 weeks to go until the Group Ride at Speed2424's. How about a head count of who all is going, so we can help him plan the event a little better.

I spoke with Canniboomer and he agreed to have his polished billet aluminum oil filter covers on sale again for $15 each. These are the ones from Nac's and they are slim as the stockers but polished to a high luster. He only has about 1/2 a dozen left, so if you want one see me at the ride or PM me before the ride.

[attachment=6234:OilFilerCover.jpg]

I will also be bringing an assortment of goodies with me as well. Again, if you need anything, it would be best to PM me before the ride and I will make sure that I bring it with me. I will be bringing some SS bolt kits with me and some other goodies as well.

If anyone needs hotel suggestions, I can assist you there as well. A bunch of us will be heading to Majestic on thursday before the ride to shake off the cob webs. We will meet up a Tim's house before we all go before heading out.

So far I believe the following are planning on going:

speed2424
Eatndirt
kdeal
Cannondale27
mydreamride, dad & a friend
Wistech
Timbo
Hazmatt, wife & new baby son!
Wright
ATK35
LTZ480
CannibalJim
Quadracer500 / Blaze 911 (If momma doesn't give birth that weekend)
ciscorc?
cfrasier (new guy from PA on a X440s)
wanablaze
Mr. Omega & his brother
CdaleDave89
Scooter, wife & kid (all riding!)
luther57
patmc81 and his friends crazy Carl and Josh
?????????????????

Come on guys, this is your chance to meet up and network/ride with some of the best er.... characters in the Cannondale community. I plan on doing the fastest motorcycle engine removal (X440s) Saturday night. Who has the record now?

See you there!

DMAC10

#10 Post by DMAC10 »

Kdeal
As usual trying to line things up. Very busy at work. Over the next 4 weeks, I get to travel to 4 states and Canada. Wow its sounds like so much fun.

I need time to ride, I've not had 1 hour of seat time total in 6 months.

So anyway, I'm a maybe???????