good weekend

moto440

#1 Post by moto440 »

Well after riding a hard practice ride last weekend I could see Sat night at my race it paid off big time.

Ran a semi hard practice to warm up and felt like I didn't even ride when it was over, couldn't believe it.
1st moto got 2nd out of the gate and was on the LTR450 in 1st rear the whole race.
2nd moto got the holeshot and led the whole race and pulled away from the pack but an off camber bump right before a huge left sweeper bumped me the wrong way and the guy on the LTR got me right before the finish.

Felt great the guy on the LTR has been getting me the past few races so to come back and run right with him and even lead the race for a bit was huge and says a big part for all the time I have spent in the gym and now the extra seat time on the quad. Can't wait for the Power Commander and my Boomer intake to get here!! Not too bad for a stock motor Cdale I must say!!!!

Here's a pic, too bad it's of me on the small jump & not the bigger ones.

2mike18

#2 Post by 2mike18 »

Congrats!! Keep up the seat time it always pays off in the end.

moto440

#3 Post by moto440 »

Thanx, also I forgot to mention pro racer Chad Wienen was there smoking everyone in the a class, that guy is amazing to watch, he lives nearby and comes out and races sometimes there.

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

Good Job! Good to hear of people out using and abusing their 'Dale!

Let us hear about your next trip out, too!

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

Coming up this weekend???

moto440

#6 Post by moto440 »

I wish I could Pete but it's not gonna happen now. I am hoping at some point to make it up there to dyno but I don't know when that will be either!! With the money I just spent on a head, spare trans, and new spare bottom end I need to cool out for a bit and hoping I close on the house next week my money will be there for a while getting it up to par but I hear with a house that never ends!!

dalewannbe

#7 Post by dalewannbe »

moto,
where were you racing?

We're not too far apart.

m_mcgranahan

#8 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,
Congrats on keeping up with the LTR and a stock motor no less! Man I would do my best to get a 450 piston kit. (I run a WWE 12.3 to 1 450cc kit and it was a great power addition, and the Cp kit is supposed to be even better) I would also encourage you to have the head ported. The intake is soooo poorly cast that you can gain an easy 4-5hp with porting. With the extra power you might be able to walk all over the LTR boy!!! Just my 2c :-) Keep up the good work.

God bless...

Mark