Colonial Beach GP, Virginia

TG2891

#1 Post by TG2891 »

Well, I finished race No.#2 and I think I was one of the oldest there.
I'm not the best by a long shot but I finished and placed 8th of 22 riders in the Open C class.

TOM G.

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Nice looking Dale you have there. I now what you mean about old, I hear bones poping and cracking that never had before!

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

Good job finishing the race! I hear it was a tough one! Did you have any good battles or good passing or being passed stories? How'd you do off the gate? I think you guys had a live engine start, right? I spotted some other pics of you and posted HERE yesterday. I read a couple other reports about the race, sounds like all the rain we've had took it's toll on the course! There was a bigger than usual turnout with the MD district racing this one.

I spotted you in 3 out of 100 pics, there were 200 more in the album but I didn't have time to keep looking. The guy will send you the full res. pics if you want any of them.

You said it was race #2, was the other in MD or last year? I hope to be at several of the VXCS races this year, but will be missing the next because of the trip to WV. You planning to run anymore?

TG2891

#4 Post by TG2891 »

This was my 2nd race ever. The first was a District 7 race in Romney WV in January. I got 6th out of 11 in my class

The course was tough, I thought, it was a collection of non stop left and right turns and the the ruts got bigger and deeper every lap. Very sandy soil. Also quite a few mud holes right next to the course and if you came around the turn to fast you were in it.

The start was dead engine which did not go well. I headed out mid pack made the hard left and got hit from behind causing my hand to slide over and hit the kill switch. I had 10 guys bunch up like grapes behind me. I felt like an *** for causing the pileup but still started it back up and ended up in front of them. unsure.gif Then 1/2 mile in the woods there everyone was and I was back in it.

I got passed a few times and passed some too. Mostly everyone was getting hung up in the ruts or getting stuck in the mud. So I just went out around and passsed them.

The best part was seeing some jerk riding a Honda who thought he was the best the world has ever seen, sitting in the woods 1/2 way thru the first lap with a busted front end. That made the whole thing worth the trip. That and I finished.

Next race is in EVANSVILLE MX PARK EVANSVILLE, PA http://www.evansvillemxpark.net/

Whos in?

BTW: Name is Tom, I'm out of Spotsylvania, VA Exit 130 on I95