ITP Quadcross in Suprize AZ June 13th...

m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I am planning to race the ITP Quadcross race on june 13th at Speedworld race park in Suprize AZ. Entry fee is $40, $10 gate fee. Any other daler's planning to come out and race?

God bless...

Mark

Gibson265R

#2 Post by Gibson265R »

Im pretty sure my friend will be running that race. He has a sick be walsh kitted dale but he will most likely be running his LSR YZ450 Hybrid....hey might have both there... Either way, have fun and be safe.
If I was still out there I would run it, SpeedWorld is a sick track.

m_mcgranahan

#3 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (Gibson265R @ Jun 2 2009, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im pretty sure my friend will be running that race. He has a sick be walsh kitted dale but he will most likely be running his LSR YZ450 Hybrid....hey might have both there... Either way, have fun and be safe.
If I was still out there I would run it, SpeedWorld is a sick track.

Hi,

Cool, if your friend is on the forum, it'd be cool if he pm'ed me so I can meet him while were up there.

THanks

God bless...

Mark

m_mcgranahan

#4 Post by m_mcgranahan »

HI,

Well, the racing was slot of fun!!! I was in Moto 1 Gate 2 30+ beginner. I was really late getting to the track so I got one lap of practice and then turned around and hit the 2nd gate drop of moto 1. Last night was my first time ridding Speedworld, and my first race in over a year, and the 3 one ever. Anyhow I got pushed out pretty hard by the guy next to me on the start so I let off to avoid getting hurt. I was still getting used to the track so I took it easy and finished 6th out of 7! Oh yeah. My second moto got off after they got the ambulance off the track and I was a bit sick to my stomac remembering the lady at my church who I was friends with who I was riding with when she had to be life flighted out last may and did not survive. Anyhow, I was feeling really timid at first not wanting another accident, but I noticed that I was in front of most of everyone on the gate, so I hammered it and made it to corner 1 5th out of the 35 or so on our gate! (When you get a cannondale hooked up, they an really fly off the gate )
That was a good start but I really need to get in better shape and work on cornering speed I got passed by most of the field. (hehe I think i finished in front of Caldwell due to his unscheduled dismount He was int he 30+Int class) Unfortunately I had put my kidney belt on too tight so I had to slow and loosen it and the #6 in the Int class got around me. I chased him and was closing in on him as we came to the checkered flag.

Overall it was a great time to ride w so many quads and eet new people etc. It was well worth it!

God bless...

Mark

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Great report,corner speed?Have you tried railing the outside of the corner were the berm is?You leave the inside open,but you can build some good exit speed,maybe enough to pass the guy who took the inside line.Good luck!

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Another good tip that was shown to me was front brake control.Dont lift throttle and just use your front brakes and body to get the backend to come around then coming out get way back and get it to hook up.Glad to see you out there Mark!These reports lately are really giving me the itch.

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

35 on the gate!!!!! WOW that is a first and could be really sketchy.

Congrats on finishing.

m_mcgranahan

#8 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Jun 15 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
35 on the gate!!!!! WOW that is a first and could be really sketchy.

Congrats on finishing.

Hi,

Yeah I'm not sure the exact number but it was a really long line of quads. It was a really fun night! I wish I had made it for practice, but oh well next time.

God bless...

Mark

m_mcgranahan

#9 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

So I found the results for the race on another site:

http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/itp-qu...ce-results.html

That is soo cool to see the results up like that. So I guess it just seemed like more than I thought on the gate but I think they had vet Beg, vet novice and vet 40+ on

Its funny Cannondale and Can-am are the same on the 3 letter abbreviation on the lists.

God bless...

Mark