Harescrambles are Brutal!

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

But fun. My daughter and I ran our first one for the year. First race for daughter ever. Was happy to finally run with UPSMan who kicked my but pretty well! He got a 3rd on his Outlaw. I got fifth on the Cannondale. Believe it or not I got a second place Holeshot and it was from starting fast!I am shot. Getting alot of riding lately so hope to be in better shape for next one. My ported stock bore/stroke toaster/airbox Dale worked well for this since lowend was easy to control because there isnt any laugh.gif Topend reeled em in quick in few open areas. Been really happy with this quad and sure am putting hrs on with only issue being the pesky coolant leak before group ride. Was great having a beer after race with UPSman also and looking forward to many more. Get out there guys both of us are over the hill +40 guys and we passed many youngsters that should have kicked our butt. It was fun as heck!

Cannondale 27jr
[attachment=8969:VikingHa..._Medium_.jpg]
UPSMAN and I at line
[attachment=8970:VikingHa..._Medium_.jpg]
Someone in the woods.Yes was much tighter areas
[attachment=8971:VikingHa..._Medium_.jpg]

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

That was a really good time. It was a real nice mix of terrain. There is one next weekend in Dyracuse. That one will probably be all sand and lots of open areas to pass in.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Won't make that one but I will see you at the double header at SugarCamp, Rhinelander.

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

27, how far are your races from me?

I'm getting the itch to get back out there and my kids would like too as well.

Oct 12th is when we were planning on riding somewhere...maybe it will have to be at a race?

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Rhinelander would be perfect. I will put up some info on it.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

Gratz on getting the little one to race. They are a blast! And wtf is up with riding an outlaw?

claas900

#7 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Sep 21 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gratz on getting the little one to race. They are a blast! And wtf is up with riding an outlaw?

Yeah you would think Steve would have built her a mini dale LOL

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

I think happyboy was talking about me. And yes, I am ashamed. I've been running the Outlaw in XC and the ATK in MX this year. I hate that Outlaw. That's why it doesn't bother me to pound the crap out of it in the woods. This weekend I'll be racing the ATK in the woods due to a shock bushing disappearing from the front of the Outlaw. I feel a victory coming.....

ozarkdaler

#9 Post by ozarkdaler »

You ought to just get another Dale/ATK and beat it around in the woods.

ScramblerXLE

#10 Post by ScramblerXLE »

You boys ought to come run the Ironman GNCC at the end of the year near Indianapolis if you've got the time/cash. There's nothing like the nationals, it's a whole different world biggrin.gif