Rhinelander,WI Harescramble

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Supposedly this is more like a xc race than a Harescramble.Faster trails.Mostly sand.Come on out and join us.Dalewannabe this is one I was talking of.
[attachment=8989:Harescramble.jpg]

dalewannbe

#2 Post by dalewannbe »

I can't make it that weekend. Good luck though.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

When is the "Race"? Could maybe come to you. Or the Ironman?

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

10/31/09 is the Race.....it hasn't been the same course the past 2 years. I haven't race it the past 2 years, but we went and watched part of it last year. The course was only about half as long as it used to be. That course isn't very good for kids either.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Are they still running the W.F.O. fields?

dalewannbe

#6 Post by dalewannbe »

I believe there were still some WFO fields, just not as many as before. It was southern portion of the course that was cut off....which had the creek crossing and the part you dropped down to the culvert. That section had more wide open sections. I don't know if he lost the use of that land or if he'll change it back? I can keep you posted if I learn anything.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Heading out now. Quads race at 2:00 today and tomorrow. Today I might not race with all the rain they are calling for. (I know I am a wimp but 2" is alot of rain!) But tomorrow should be absolutely perfect conditions. Comfort Inn in Rhinelander. Anyone wants to come up we have room. Track is a mix of everything MX, Wide open, Woods and tight stuff with sand ground.

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

I've been watching the forcast for days now and it just got worse. Supposed to rain all day now instead of scattered showers. High of 48 and breezy. My mother just called from up there and said the sun was trying to shine? I think I'll sit here and play with the dogs today and race tomorrow.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

I ended up racing! Weathermen don't have a clue. Was perfect and very fast in alot of it. Big whoops. Cannondale just pulled guys in like mad. Got 2nd. 10th overall. Awesome race. Now I have to do it again tomorrow.

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

F^%%$^%$%ing weather channel! I'll be there tomorrow! With my ATK!